I figure it's been a while since I posted something exclusively dedicated to Fighting Gravity and that seemed blasphemous enough, so here's more news.
I'm writing still. The story is moving along at a steady pace. It's not very fast, but it's still a good speed, considering my job takes up precious hours of potential progress. At least I haven't had an occasion to get tired just yet. I'm at 62 pages of a story I'm extremely pleased with (very roughly: six chapters) and I personally find that it will be very well-tied and full of things to keep you interested, like action and tension of all kinds and all the fun things in between.
At the moment, I'm done planning half of it and have a vague idea of the second half. The first half, as things are going, will probably be around two hundred pages long, so... probably the second half will be, too.
That's a lot of pages, but I'm optimistic. I love the work I'm doing right now, and I only hope that it's worth it in the end. It's likely I'll start posting once I'm ¾ done, so again, I apologize for the delay, but having many buffer chapters worked for Only in Hyrule and I intend to stick to the concept.
Here's, therefore, the profile of another character from FG (also one of my favourite characters!):
Name: Dark Knight
Age: Twenty-eight
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Residence: Most Guardian Alliance Marine Forces battleships.
Skills: Impressive sense of deduction; great marksman.
Occupation: Guardian Alliance Marine Force captain.
Origins: Dark doesn’t talk much about his past. He has little standing and appeared on the doorstep of the Military Academy one evening, with no words about his story beforehand. His tactical abilities and marksmanship ensured him a position as captain, and he befriended a fellow trainee, *******, while turning into a seducer and brilliant officer.
Personality: Cynically cheerful and a real libertine, he tends to contradict himself, notably by joining the army. He has no defined sense of self, but he thinks highly of his capacities and acts as though he’s driven by ambition, though he aspires to no set goal. He allows people to tell him what to do, mostly because he doesn’t consider he has anything better to do ―he’ll grouch about it plenty, though. His thoughts are only revealed in bits and pieces, at whim, only to a select few.
Family / Friends: No known relatives / A fellow captain, *******.
Likes: Physical satisfaction, lazing around, his reflection.
Dislikes: Feeling weak, politics, responsibilities.
Hopes: For nothing definite; perhaps a good bout of sex.
So that's Dark, also known as one of the very fun characters to write. And I'll throw in another profile, though it's not as elaborate as the others.
Name: Wulf
Age: Four
Species: Canine
Fur: Grey and white
Eyes: Blue
Residence: Citadel of Time, Castleton, Hyrule.
Skills: Biting, digging.
Occupation: Princess Zelda’s pet
Personality: Protective, perceptive, and all-around trustworthy.
Likes: Food, sleep, Zelda.
Dislikes: Hunger, threats, cold.
Isn't he awesome? You know he is. At first I hesitated in including that incarnation of Link, but I figured, with all the incarnations of Link I'm going to― oops. Getting carried away here. ;)
Love,
CM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















9 comments:
Ha! It sounds like both Wulf and Dark Knight are going to provide comedy in Fighting Gravity. I like Wulf's skills. Biting, digging.
Hmmm... Seven letters. Knuckle? I don't know.
I love how many characters you put in your stories. In my opinion, the more characters and longer the story is, the better! :)
Comedy through Dark, yes. Through Wulf... I doubt it. It's hard to imagine a dog bringing good comedy to a story, especially since he doesn't talk.
But yeah, FG will be very long. Double the length of OiH.
Love,
CM
I'm dying to read Fighting Gravity, CM! I love all your stories and I hope you put this one sometime before August ends, lol. Dark (Link) is one of my favorite characters...and I love that you included Wulf. Power to ya! :)
Before August!?! Not going to happen. 0_o If we're lucky, by December I should be approximately where I want to be...
Love,
CM
December by the earliest? -seizure attack-
But if Nintendo has taught the world anything, it's that making people wait makes the day of reckoning that much sweeter (ie: Wii, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, etc). I'm sure FG will be no different.
Enjoy Life and Smile.
sirjoshizzle.deviantart.com
I hope!
Love,
CM
I'm positive. Especially with the new direction you've taken with FG's plot, it's a really big departure from OiH--based on what we've been shown so far, that is.
Change is good. Staying with the same forumla becomes tired really fast, and that's what I'm not trying to do as I transition from Charm Bracelet to A World of Lies.
Enjoy Life and Smile.
sirjoshizzle.deviantart.com
Yeah, we see eye to eye on this. I didn't want FG to be overshadowed by OiH, and I think I've done a pretty good job of dragging it away from the expected.
What sort of makes me nervous is that many sci-fi/fantasy stories for LoZ didn't really turn out that great, and I'm hoping readers won't be prejudiced from the start. What can I say? I want it to work, given all the time I'm putting into it. ^^
Love,
CM
Well, I know I won't be prejudiced. Not in a bad way at least. I'm willing to make any exception for your writing, but I've never had to, ever. So I don't think you should be worried. ;3
Post a Comment