Tuesday, September 04, 2007

FG Character Bio

Thought I'd drop in with a little bit of new stuff. Here's another profile. Whee!

Name: Colin Blade
Age: Seventeen
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Residence: Wherever the job takes him; ********, ******.
Skills: Sharp navigator; keen tactician.
Occupation: Hylian Alliance Air Force soldier.
Origins: ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****. His understanding of coordinates and more intellectual matters helped him become one of the youngest navigators in the Air Force, and he was soon taken under the wing of Link and Sheik.
Personality: Reserved and shy, he doesn’t have a speck of evil in him. While he understands the limits he imposes on himself, he aspires to become stronger and looks up to Link and Sheik, whom he considers brothers, but not if it involves holding a gun to someone with the intent to kill. He notices a lot but doesn’t act on what he notices, mostly out of prudishness and respect for other peoples’ problems and secrets. He is kind and patient before all.
Family / Friends: His father Rusl, his mother Uli / His captain Link, and their mechanic Sheik.
Likes: Quiet, flying, being near friends.

Dislikes: Confrontation, feelings of inadequacy, violence.
Hopes: To become like Link and Sheik.


At some point I guess I'll upload all these profiles to the Twitchy Site (EDIT: Done; go visit for a little surprise extra!), but for now they'll just stay here. It should be noted that if I'm posting these here, it's because I'm still writing Fighting Gravity, obviously, and haven't dropped it.

School is making me a lot busier than before, but I still try to devote some time to FG, so never fear. It's still going to come your way at some vague point in the future.

Love,
CM

8 comments:

Rensa said...

Colin should be interesting to watch! Plus, his role as a navigator would expose him to a lot of meteorological concepts (which interest me as it's my major) and aerological concepts (which interest me as my dad's a pilot). His character doesn't really resonate with my own so much though ^^;

Should be fun either way! :D

Anonymous said...

I checked out your Twitchy site and saw the drawings and profiles for all the characters, and it's made of awesome! I can't believe all the intricate details and how much thought you have put into this story. I'm deeply impressed, to say the least. I'm even more excited to read the story now! And, are you going to draw Midna and Wulf? I'd love to see that.

And one thing that's unrelated: Is it just my computer, or is the Inverloch site not working? I've been trying to get into it for days, and nothing happens. I need to read the end of the story!

---> The Destined

CrazygurlMadness said...

@Rensa: I'll do my best. I'll confess that what I know of meteorology, I've learned in disaster books/shows and in grade 7 physics, so it'll be quite superficial, but you can be sure it's impossible to have a story about pilots that doesn't involve weather.

@The Destined: Thanks. ^^ I put a lot of effort into it, too. Truth is, those are only the details that are "presentable" and don't focus on other more complex and random aspects of FG. I also have a full document about what food people eat, how they live, what their machines look like, what the fauna and flora look like... blah blah blah. Lotsa work, you know?

I might get around to drawing Midna and Wulf. Truth is I haven't had time and whatnot. For now I have 3 other character pictures I can reveal, but I might add to that at some point.

As per Inverloch, I fixed the link. It's 'cause it's finished and she's rearranging the domain for her next big project. :)

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

*!!!!*

TWITCHY SITE! It's awesome like hot apple pie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream on top! (Can you guess I need desert?)

Neat. Really neat. Me love it. You should center the table, though... it's too small for the width of my screen and the freak in me is disturbed.

But, seriously, can't wait to see the rest of it!

*HUG*

--Scarlet

SirJoshizzle said...

Wow, do I love those portraits! Especially how they look realistic and like their video game counterparts; I'm more of an anime-styled artist (obviously), so my designs don't look quite as photo-realistic.

Zelda's is like a throwback to her old school pre-N64 concepts. Nice nostalgic value.

Enjoy Life and Smile.

CrazygurlMadness said...

@Scarlet: I can't center the table, since it's a template that I modified as much as I could. It doesn't center. Stupid, but *shrug*. I think it's 'cause it's optimized for the smallest possible resolution, like 600X800px or something.

And you know we should totally go to St-Hubert's some time soon. I would so like some Extase, provided the waiter is cute again (as St-Hubert waiters so often are; which, by the way, what's up with that anyway?).

@SJ: The designs are actually in that kind of sketchy cel-shaded look that I enjoy for such concept art. It's not like I'd make a full-fledged portrait in dizzying quality for such things anyway.

Thank you, though. ^^

Love,
CM

Rensa said...

No worries - it's your story, not mine. One of the best things about reading is all the little things you learn about that are completely out of your field of experience :D

Also, the portraits on Twitchy Site own.

CrazygurlMadness said...

Thanks. :)

Love,
CM