Monday, November 27, 2006

There is no spoon!

I got Twilight Princess!

But I didn't get the Wii. So I can't play the game.

WHATEVER. The sound of the plastic cellophane coming off the box was enough for me, thanks very much. The box, the disc, the pamphlets (one in French and one in English)... All of it... So purty. *drool*

If only I could play it, though.

Well, at least I have the game. I'm 50% there.

In the meantime, when I'm not admiring the purty, very purty box with gold foil and stuff, I decided to finally get my ass on the track and advance in OiH. Because, in case you hadn't noticed, I'm falling behind. Soon I'll be unable to post one chapter every week, which would suck even more than not having the Wii, I'm sure.

(Note aside, why does ff.net suck so badly at sending mails and everything? Sometimes I wonder. So what if their suppliers fail or whatnot? SEND ME MY REVIEW NOTIFICATIONS. I'm getting a backlog of like, two weeks, here! It drives me nuts!)

I mean, it's one thing writing down a chapter in my French/Video Tech notebook, and it's quite another to actually type it up and realise I messed up a few paragraphs and should add more of this and cut a bit of that. God, I hate it when that happens. It's so long! I prefer typing directly to the computer. But then I can't work in class.

...

My life is so complicated. I was made to live in careless luxury, I just know it.

Aside from that, Bass seems to have backed off since Saturday. Not that I'm complaining. He was unfortunately starting to get on my nerves. Because, hello, anyone who disses the Wii then finds out I want one and suddenly changes his opinion has to be fishy.

Slim says he's broke but wants one, and I know he isn't saying that just to accomodate me. He says he wants to play SSBB and TP, claiming that any game that makes him drool witlessly has to be good. He also says he saw the game in motion at a friend's house, and that it kicks too much ass to be legal.

Which, you know. Is awesome.

It was a nice change, by the way, to enter the cafeteria today and not be mauled by Bass (who saw me come in but was busy talking to other people), and instead being greeted by Slim, who actually looked glad to see me. He had his coat on with his scarf hanging on his shoulders, and said he had a team meeting but his teammate was late.

I told him my French class had been cancelled for the day. He said I better head home, then. I said I wasn't sure what to do. Unable to hold in a grin, he yelled, "GO HOME!" adding that I didn't know how to appreciate my luck.

Well, bugger.

I stayed anyway to see if his teammate would come. He told me he was planning a 3:00AM Drink n' Risk night with some of his friends. I asked him what that was. He laughed.

"It's kind of an inside joke between the guys and I. I never played Risk before, right, and they told me they'd teach me.
"By ten, we still hadn't started playing. I asked them if maybe we should start a game, seeing as it would probably last a little while. They said it was against the law to play Risk before 1:00AM.
"We started playing at 1:00, then played and played and played, until finally we were too tired to make any sense of what we were saying to each other, and I glanced outside and the sun was rising." I kind of stare at him skeptically.
He adds, "So I decided to make it EXTREME."

"How so?"

He smirks broadly. "It's self-explanatory, really. We're gonna get drunk and play Risk starting at 3:00AM."

I stare blankly. He can't help but laugh at my expression.

"You know," I say, "you're the only guy I can imagine who would make a boardgame into an extreme sport."

He shrugs and glares. "Watch what you're saying. I know where you live."

I smile. It's the first time he uses one of our common experiences as an inside joke. I comment, "I'm still impressed."

He looks glad.

At this, Josie looks up and squints. "What does that have to do with playing Risk?"

We both turn to look at her. I'm trying not to smile too broadly and give away the fact that his remembering-where-I-live-even-after-like-seven-years gives me the fuzzies (especially when he reminds me of it with that adorable grin).

Slim just says, "Long story, inside joke."

Josie raises a brow but adds nothing. It's rare for Slim to explain inside jokes to people anyway, so it would be a pointless crusade for her to beg him to elaborate. She sends me a dubious look when I refrain from laughing.

Slim turns back to me with a secret smile and an eloquent look.

FUZZIES, alright? FUZZIES.

Things are looking up.

I hope. ;P

Love,
CM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You have the game! I have the game too, but it's unopened, because my parents say it might be returned if they find a cheaper copy somewhere (they're really into saving money...which is good, but often patience-thinning). But we already got this one 11 cents cheaper than normal anyway.

Oh well. The box is pretty enough.

Finding more friends who also appreciate Nintendo's greatness is always good. Very good. Slim definitely gets points with me if he likes Wii. (Yes... that is quite shallow and superficial).

I love Risk! No one ever wants to play it with me though. It does take forever though. But... WORLD DOMINATION! Heh heh heh. I also love Stratego, but no one wants to play that with me either.

Oooh... must finish college apps.

Hope OiH is going well.

~Southpaw

CrazygurlMadness said...

Your 11 cents story made me giggle. :P

I have this sick feeling like the Wii won't be available for a long while over here. Montreal ain't exactly the best spot if you want to be gamer-free. MTL is big on gaming.

But yes. Slim had points back in 6th grade for being an Ocarina fan, so I can hardly describe how awesome he is now.

Plus, he's good-looking on top of his previous 'cuteness'.

I've never played Risk, but I don't exactly want to see the guys drunk, so I didn't ask to come and try it out.

Back to OiH.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

Is it safe to assume that Admin Boy is now completely off your radar?

And about TP and Wii...it really pisses me off because I've called 17 stores in Toronto and THEY ARE SOLD OUT. OF EVERYTHING.

How will I survive?

The only means of consolation for me is to play OoT and TWW for the 50,000th time. And it does very little for me.

*sigh*

About Slim... he really does seem like a great guy for you, huh? You should try anf get him as soon as that awkwardness between you and Bass is finished.You know, before someone else finds him to her tastes as well...

Good Luck with everything!

--->The Destined

*P.S--Southpaw; Wow, 11 cents, eh? Big save there. ;P

CrazygurlMadness said...

Yes. Admin Boy is a man of the past. He's (unfortunately) an idiot.

Whatever. I think Slim has at least an inkling for me, and that's enough for now...

I stress the importance of the 'for now', evidently.

As for TP and especially the Wii, patience. Patience and patience. I know. It sucks. But patience never fails.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

I know. It's amazing. I'm one of those smart shoppers. Educated consumers. One of those fancy titles.

Gonna buy myself something nice with those 11 cents. =)

~Southpaw

P.S.
I think I spent a Wii's worth of money on college apps. Is that depressing or what? (Then again, I guess they have to pay SOMEONE to read those boring things).

Anonymous said...

if you don't mind me asking, how is admn boy an idiot now? i thoght you liked him..

CrazygurlMadness said...

Admin Boy (as you might have read in my post, 'Updates') is, quite literally, an idiot. He's stupid.

As in, "I won't study at home because I don't like opening my school books to actually get a passing grade" stupid.

I feel bad for and try to help those who try to pass and fail by a little because they're trying to support themselves or have received poor basic education.

But I have no sympathy for those who, knowing they are going to fail, just shrug and let it be. When they have the tools and the power to succeed, I find the greatest stupidity is wasting it for lack of willpower.

How many people would die to get an education in the world? How many people would kill to get half of what he does?

And what does he resort to? Failing because it's too much trouble to work a little bit at home.

He's got it easy, too. I've seen his homework. Stuff like that, my little cousin can finish in half an hour tops. But he chooses to check hockey scores instead? I'm sorry, but no.

You're right. I liked him. Until I found out he was the worst kind of loser: the uncaring failure kind.

Luckily, Slim is not nearly that foolish. He's not the top of his class, but he's still above average.

(Fuzzies!)

Love,
CM