I wonder how I managed to live without college for roughly five weeks.
Seriously. I was in such a depressive mood in that last week of vacation, my depression a cross between cabin-fever and lack of sunlight.
The cabin-fever part might have been my doing, sure, but when you rise at 11:00 and the sun sets at 4:30, you don't get much daylight, thank you, and I'm perfectly aware of the benefits of actual light for my sanity. So I was slowly, steadily, growing completely bonkers. A few days more, and I was sinking into emo rock, and then I'd have been done for.
But oh, college. How you saved me.
It does help that, this term, I have more Movie-making, Film Genres, and Comics (as in comic books, that's right) classes to fill my time. Along with the regular Gym, French, English and Philosophy classes. Not to mention I have no class on Wednesdays (again!).
It also helps that Bass is no longer part of my French class (he failed that one―how shocking... not). And it helps that PB is still in many of my classes.
It kind of sucks Slim isn't in any of my classes, but hey, what can you do? It's just more of the same, isn't it? At this point, I'm too happy to be back to school (you read that right ―maybe I really have gone bonkers) to fuss over how I'm friendless in so many of my classes. At least Guy is in my English class, so that should prove entertaining, to say the least. He's a bit nuts.
I crossed him in the hallway this morning, and he was putting his coat on. I blinked.
"Guy? You're going for lunch or something?"
He looked up and smirked smugly. "No. I'm done for the day."
"Asshole," I said. "I'd punch you, but I don't punch people who are shorter than me."
"And better looking."
He left before I could answer back. BASTARD. I'll get him back.
Also, I'd like to say my Philosophy teacher is too hot for his own good. He's young and has longish blonde hair, the brightest blue eyes you ever saw, and he's tall and thin and a nerd. I tried to compare him to Link (seemed like a sensible thing to do at the time and I'm obsessed), but he doesn't come close anyway. Thankfully, he compensates for his good looks by being a too-soft-voiced annoyance, which ensures that I won't develop a crush on him.
But enough about college. The bottom line is: I'M BACK AND I'M ALIVE!!
About writing, now, because, in case you've been living under a rock, OiH is complete and I'm not posting anything new online at the moment.
I have a request.
STOP asking for a sequel to OiH.
I hate the part where the characters go all mushy and start planning out their wedding or how many kids they're going to get. The amount of sugar needed is sickening, and it often gives something unrealistic or just plain gross.
I'm NOT going to write a sequel to OiH, because sequels and sickeningly sweet weddings are creepy, because I don't know what more to write in that story context, and a little because I don't know how boyfriend/girlfriend relationships are like... I just can't and won't write a sequel.
Besides, I've got new, improved, and radically different ideas to work on. So if you were looking for more of the same, you might be disappointed. I can't spend my whole life doing the same type of story over and over again, after all.
Don't ask me for details just yet. A budding story can easily be crushed. Be simply assured that I am actively working on a new idea, and not sitting on my laurels.
Trust me. ;)
Love,
CM
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















6 comments:
Glad to hear your still alive. 'cause, you know, the alternative isn't exactly desirable. I'll admit I'm suffering the same cabin fever/ sunlight deprivation problem, although I'm not particularly looking forward to going back next week.
I bet by now its not a strange occurance to get comments/emails/random PMs from people that you really don't know. But, something you said in this entry resparked a question I've been meaning to ask but, through a severe lack of google search skills, have been unable to find. It's stupid to ask, but do I have to be fluent in French to attend a college in Montreal?
Well, most everyone in the province speaks French anyway. As a result, a lot of schools are francophone and offer English classes on the side, while a handful of English colleges and universities in the city areas (where most English speakers gather) cover the anglophone population.
So, do you have to be fluent in French to attend school in Montreal? Not necessarily, but it's highly recommended. I mean, Quebec as a whole is a francophone province. If you won't bother with French, you're better off just going to Toronto. ^^
Does that answer your question?
Love,
CM
Yeah those kind of mushy continuations where the characters go all 'omg i love you!' frenzy is kinda boring and too corny for my mind filled with romance novels.
Ah, it's nice to read someone agrees with me. :)
Love,
CM
*Is exhausted*
I am currently studying for exams, and therefore have no time to drop a full review for OiH. But as soon as I'm done with exams, I'll do it, because this story is just too good to pass.
I am also thoroughly embarassed because I got TP for Christmas, but am still only at the 6th dungeon, aka the T***** o* T***, meaning, I just got there. Curse exams and schoolwork! I personally could have gone another week or two without school. You are probably gaping in astonishment. I will only say that all-girls schools suck, and that should explain it to you. And I will also completely agree with you that the 4th dungeon boss is the BEST BOSS EVER. I could do it over and over and over again. One thing I'm disappointed in is the music in TP, and the howling is getting increasingly frustrating.
*sigh*. Once this semester is over, all will be right in the world.
--->The Destined
P.S* I have a rather...weird...question for you. You know how each Canadian province has its own sort of "phrase" on the license plates? Yeah, well why does Montreal's say "Je me souviens" ? I know it's weird, but I'm just curious.
Hey, no stress. Take your time, for reviewing and for TP. Both are meant to be enjoyed at length. ;)
Québec's motto is "Je me souviens" ("I remember"), and Montreal, being a Quebecer city, is bound to the same laws, so yes, Montreal has the same license plate motto as every other city in Quebec, just like Toronto citizen have to bear the Ontarian "Yours to discover" motto on theirs. :)
Love,
CM
Post a Comment