Monday, February 19, 2007

Oh mah gah.

Just a little heads up to tell you that, indeed, I have not yet been abducted by aliens, in spite of ANY evidence to the contrary.

Unless that evidence is a photograph of me being abducted by those aliens. But then I'd argue, what kind of nutcase aliens would actually WANT to explore the Frosty Lands of Cold Frigidity that most people so poetically call Québec in order to abduct a girl who spends most of her spare time typing away at a computer, like the nerd she is? If they were anywhere smart, they'd instead choose to abduct a Mexican, or a Filipino, whose chances of dying of hypothermia are next to nil and whose chances of being out enjoying the sun are definitely higher.

I would enjoy the sun. I really would. If that didn't involve having to wrap myself in a sweatshirt, fur-lined coat, scarf, tuque, and thick gloves. And let's not mention the boots. I usually wind up looking twice my size, and considering that I am not petite (or delicate, though I do still look feminine, thankyouverymuch), that isn't an improvement. I'm sure it might scare thugs off, though.

If we had thugs in this area, I mean. And even then, I befriended enough people that if some tough guy tried to scare me, he'd wind up with a few powerful fists sinking in his eye sockets. Which is always good to know.

Anyway. What have I been doing of late, you might ask?

Work. By god, I've been working my butt off, and not even in the remunerating way. Nope. I'm talking about that horrendous school type of work, the kind you have to do for points, but not for immediate gratification. Now that sucks.

I've also been writing, of course. Not a lot, considering the above, but still.

It never ceases to amaze me how ideas come about. Some of them, you have to force yourself to find. That's unpleasant, but sometimes it's necessary to get the job done. Some other ideas come all on their own and grow into something spectacular --or not. Either way, my recent love antics having proven to be a failure, I've had more time to worry about the important things in life. Like writing.

But before the writing, as I said, are the ideas.

As such, I'd just like to get a little point across, here, and hopefully extend a loving hand to that essential part of the creative process:

... DAMN YOU, IDEAS! STOP EVADING MY ATTACKS! This isn't a Pokémon game, for Pete's sake!!!

Now that I've expressed that in a loving way, I'll go back to capturing those rare and annoying Ideas. Hopefully, Professor Oak will have found a suitable Pokéball for them.

... I'm regressing.

Love,
CM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was more clever, I might try to give the ideas Pokémon-like names and shout that they appear...

e.g., 'Narralago (for plot bunny) appeared!'

'Narralago used Inspirthump! 32 damage!'

But I'm embarrassing myself, so I'll stop, and just wish you good hunting. Hope you bring back a big one; I look forward to reading your words.

--Scop

Anonymous said...

not philipino. it's filipino. i know thats irrelavant but whatever. i hope you come up with some good ideas soon!

CrazygurlMadness said...

Dear, I'm so sorry! I wrote it like a francophone!!! I'll edit it as soon as possible.

Love,
CM