If you don't have to keep worrying about coming home in torrential rain, that is.
But whatever. I've decided to put such a sopping experience in the past and focus on the tasks at hand:
- finish (start, actually) reading La Petite Fadette, by George Sand (for Thursday);
- finish re-writing the *$#%&! scenario for film class (as soon as humanly possible);
- re-write the same scenario as soon as Dom, our producer, disapproves of it (after he sends it back, before next Tuesday);
- stop thinking about how amazing Slim was in the movie we saw today (one of last year's movie teams had him as main character, and his performance was jaw-droppingly, gut-wrenchingly good, which really stunned me for the rest of the day, because I never thought Slim could play so wide a range of emotions, from boredom to doubt, curiosity to fear, excitement to joy, contentment to love, disappointment to anxiety, panic to madness, and render it in a way that actually captured everyone's attention and caused many intimidated, anxious laughs from people who saw what they were up against ―I'm so glad he's on my team, even though he won't be making an onscreen appearance) (effective as of now);
- take ultra-specific pictures for Photography class (for Thursday);
- therefore, learn how to use Dad's camera in manual mode (hopefully before Thursday);
- do my relaxation homework (for Friday);
- do my Philosophy homework (for tomorrow... OH SHIT);
- stop eating my brother's food (he's into cooking, lately, and he's good at it) (effective as of now);
- stop eating my brother's girlfriend's food (I think she's to blame for my brother's incursion into the kitchen) (ditto);
- DO THE RESEARCH FOR THE TRIP TO FRANCE (and rent an apartment in Paris!) (as soon as humanly possible);
- Write FG, write oneshots, write blog, write mails, write Twitchy Site material, write drabbles for the Drabble Contest on LxZ forums (as soon as humanly possible);
- Find out when I work next (as soon as humanly possible);
- Schedule lunch with my abandoned friends to pretend I still have a social life (eventually);
- Don't panic (effective as of now).
Freaking out? Now whyever would you think that?
And I'm aware that today is 9/11. As it were, though, a poll has recently revealed most people have forgotten what year 9/11 even happened in to begin with. I don't know what to make of this. Considering that my story regarding the events of 2001 is of little significance and frankly quite boring, I thought I'd skip the repetitious litany of "I remember exactly where I was that day..." and express my condolences (again) to anyone who lost someone at the time.
I'd also like to avoid starting a political debate on the subject, as that would be irrelevant for now.
Full Name: Ocean Town, Crescent
Leader(s): Mayor Tokay
Town Centre: Crescent Town Square
Founded: Start of the Third Age
Current political orientation: Guardian Alliance
Location: Labrynna shores, on the Waker Ocean
Geographical advantage: Proximity to the ocean allows for various forms of resources, as well as an easy access to Waker from the mainland.
Climate: Coast, ocean.
Weather: Even, pleasant and warm; not often subjected to storms.
Economy: Bad. The war has taken a heavy toll on this oceanside town whose infrastructures are quite damaged and badly maintained.
Technology: Average.
History: Since its foundation, it has been a fishing town known to offer shelter to a great number of orphans. Though it sought independance when the war loomed, the Guardian Alliance forcefully took it. The people of Crescent have yet to forgive the Guardian Alliance the treatment they received during the seize: the hospital and their many orphanages were razed to the ground without question and great many died. Rumour has it a resistance movement has been festering there, though Guardian Alliance occupation militia has found no solid trail.
Main races: Hylian, Rito, Zora, Sheikah
Layout: A typical town, its main square is the centre of activity, around which many houses are built. The docks on the ocean are connected to the main square by the main road.
Architecture: Pleasant until it was ravaged by the war, Crescent's architecture relies on stone walls with colourful slate rooftops. Houses don't go above three of four stories high, most of them being extensive summer houses and private establishments. Many curves are worked into walls and roofs to preserve coolness and shade in the bright, warm days. Of late, a lot of the buildings have grown decrepit and tired.
That's it for tonight. Again, I apologize for the delay in mail replies. I'm terribly, horribly sorry. I know it must be very frustrating to y'all (see, Lyx? I'm putting your lessons to use!). I can't apologize enough. : (
Love,
CM

















4 comments:
CM, dear, don't worry about it. There's no need to cause yourself undue stress because your life's too hectic at this time to write e-mail. It's nothing to worry about. :)
See? See? That's just the kind of behaviour that has me weeping tears of gratitude.
Shame on you! Shame!
:p
I guess my biggest concern is that you all know I haven't forgotten you. C:
Love,
CM
Nice use of the you-plural there at the end, I'm quite impressed. Don't worry about mail replies, I'll just stalk you on your blog in the meantime or something. As long as you're not dead/badly wounded, it's no sweat.
I want to read your story though >:[
I found out yesterday that one of the pledge classes of another sorority at my school made a pact with each other to keep each other from eating. Collectively, they've lost over 200 pounds (~91 kilos) and are still losing weight. So, fear not about the eating food in the kitchen thing. Better to be huggable and happy than stick-skinny and miserable.
=] See you on the flip side
I know, I was so proud of meself.
Also, the weight-loss thing doesn't sound that healthy. You know what they say: losing weight quickly means you'll regain it just as fast...? Let's hope they're doing it the right way, and not just fasting, which is (by the way) completely ineffective in changing your body's response to food.
Remember, children: be careful about what you eat, but keep eating and don't die.
Which brings me to... LYX, LYX, YOU'RE NOMINATED ALONGSIDE US AT THE UFO AWARDS (I had to scream about it because ZOMG!)!!!
I so totally knew you'd be up thar' wit' meh. May the worst of us come in second place (or third, or fourth, whatever the case may be).
Keep your stick on the ice.
CM
Post a Comment