Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dumb Teacher Strikes Yet Again

November 7, 2007; Montreal―It's strike three against Mr. R., the English teacher, for CM today. Rarely one to roll her eyes at walking-talking disappointments, the young woman nevertheless is beginning to grow tired of Mr. R.'s relentless annoying-ness.
"I knew that punctuality was a dying thing. I mean, I've come to expect it from my peers. But for a teacher to make me wait half an hour, and then two hours, that's just sordid," she confided this afternoon. "The meeting itself was for oral presentations. You know, just a check-up to show we were on the right track. It wasn't supposed to last more than ten minutes."
But as she soon found out, it could and it would.
"I sure as hell wasn't going to stick around for him, considering that I have better things to do than show him what I'm up to. He's the one who wanted a meeting. I certainly won't wait for him to find another convenient time. If he wants to talk to me in person, he'll have to send me an email and get in line again."
"Why," Guy asked, realising he, too, would have to cancel his own meeting, "is it that teachers assume we've all got nothing better to do than meet with them? We have other classes, and other projects, and other teachers, who all expect the exact same thing. Sometimes you just have to cut down on the less essential parts."
"It's just ridiculous," CM exclaimed. "I had to get my ass to school just for that one meeting, and he wasn't even there! What a bastard."
Let's hope that in the future, Mr. R. will find a better way of getting students to show him their work.

Another article in the CM daily press.

Love,
CM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how is this guy keeping his job??

Sorry you had to wait for a no-show that's obnoxious!

CrazygurlMadness said...

I have no idea how he does it.

But, as my mother said, "Don't worry, CM, at least you know what 'sating' means. Now give me his full name so I can punch him in the face."

I love my mom.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

Your mom is great!!! You should provide a sketch, it'll make it easier for her to find the guy!!!
;-)

Rensa said...

Don't be too hard on him until you know the full story. He's definitely been a douche to you on other occasions but there might be a reasonable explanation in this case.

CrazygurlMadness said...

Well I realise that, though he could have at least sent us a warning email. There were five people scheduled to see him yesterday. I know it's not a personal vendetta against me. Cancelled meetings have happened before, but teachers always sent an email to let us know, at least, that they couldn't show up.

And I have to say I'm also pissed off at the runaround that he subjected me to in the whole afternoon that followed until I finally put my foot down and commanded him to schedule a meeting at 11:45 today rather than have me do the back-and-forth between home and school five times in a row.

Frankly the whole, 'You can't possibly have anything better to do than meet me at my most convenient hour' attitude is starting to grate on my nerves. I have other classes and other meetings to manage as well, and it's absurd that he wouldn't realise that considering that every student is in the same position.

Love,
CM

Rensa said...

True, true.