And Only in Hyrule has reached the whooping bar of the 60 000 hits, making it by far the most popular story I ever wrote.
Bad Start, on its part, hasn't gotten a bad start at all; 3 days in and it's already got nothing but good feedback, so I'm pretty glad.
And so, in between planning my trip to France, preparing myself mentally for my fourth and last term in college, freaking out about my university applications, earning money at Sears, and trying to finish my 9000 piece puzzle (did I mention this? We had to stick three tables together in our basement just to cover the final surface), I try to fit in some FG writing time. Obviously the oneshots I released for New Year's ate a few hours of that writing time, but I'm crossing my fingers for a February upload of the first chapter.
Then again, that's subject to change as well, for all the reasons stated above.
I'm also cursed with a new time-suction application called Facebook, which my brother forced me to join on the 31st, and while I appreciate that my circle of friends is confirmed by a spam-like website, I also realise that my time is utterly wasted on it. Hurrah.
Then again, I got to see everyone's vacation pictures. My aunt, uncle and cousins went down to Cuba, and recent bathing suit shots confirm that yes, I am the only pale person in my family. They also confirmed that my male cousins are suited to be underwear models (my eldest cousin Matt, 22, has a particularly well-developed glutteus maximus, as well as washboard abs that would intimidate professional athletes), which is more than a little disturbing. To me at least. Their two thousand Facebook friends ―majority female, of course― seem to think otherwise, however.
Also saw Rick and Slim's vacation pics to DisneyWorld. No pictures with Goofy, but a good couple with the Power Rangers, which was just as entertaining. I have to admit that Rick and Slim's goofy faces make up for the lack of actual mascots, so I forgave them their slip-up. And who wouldn't pay to see Slim riding a motorbike on Star Wars' planet of Endor? Exactly.
Notice that I've added a video bar to my navigation, below the Twitchy Links. They're the vids I've made, based on Twilight Princess. If you kept up with my blog of late, you probably saw them already, but hey, I might as well post 'em here if I can.
I've considered making a list of my priorities, but I then figured that I never actually follow my lists anyway and that it was, in actuality, nothing but a subconscious way to procrastinate.
With that, I bid you a temporary farewell as I force myself back into writing mode. I figure a little bit of violent self-coaching should get it done.
Love,
CM
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
First post of the year
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















4 comments:
Good luck detaching yourself from Facebook- honestly, it WILL suck your life away. As for FG, don't push yourself too terribly. Better to release an awesome fic a little later than to throw out the first few chapters before you're ready and thus have an enormous train wreck of a fic (*cough OS cough*)
Congrats about OiH, too!!
I know. But I think I've done a fairly good job of keeping it light. A bit like a partial addict, I shall fight it every inch of the way.
I get the feeling Facebook is made for people with no other pasttimes... My problem now is that I have other pasttimes.
DAMN YOU, FACEBOOK!!
And yeah, I'll take it easy with FG. I promise to take your word for it.
If you're still on MSN of late, it'd be nice to chat. :D I want to thank you for the Christmas card in realtime. :p
Love,
CM
Ahaha, I have Facebook too. I don't use it very often though; MySpace has eaten me alive... But I'm starting to notice that as of late, I'm not on MySpace as much anymore as well.
A question that's been racing circles for a while--when you write a story like FG or when you were writing OiH, do you keep the chapters in one complete document, or do you give each its own separate file?
Enjoy Life and Smile.™
^^ A whole document. I seperate the story into multiple chapters right before posting. It's always a last minute division thing.
Love,
CM
Post a Comment