Emo! Me! The happiest person in the world (when I'm not in a funk, which happens every now and then but come on who cares about that)!
Ooookay, maybe I'm exaggerating. Maybe I'm not emo.
I AM overwhelmed by work, though. That's no joke. I seriously shouldn't be blogging.
But I can't heeeeeeeeelp it!
And if we all break into song now, we could turn this tragic procrastination party into... well, a musical.
Speaking of musicals (watch me go on a tangent that has nothing to do with what I actually want to blog about), I blame Lyxie for my current obsession with Labyrinth. You know, that 1986 movie with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly? The one with the tights and the wigs and the muppets and the amazing CG animation (this is so totally sarcasm)? Yeah, that one.
I can't believe this. I seriously fell in love with a movie. From the 80s! This is all Lyx's fault, of course. She forced me to watch it by telling me that the Goblin King was hot, and I am a total whore for movies with hot main characters. Well, he's not that hot. But somehow it doesn't matter. Because the movie is hypnotizing. I am under its spell!
And my friends seriously want to kill me now that I spend my days singing "Dance Magic Dance".
It's a sad time when even your loud-mouth friends can't stand you singing funky 80s songs.
Thanks, Lyx, you made me a social pariah! But that's okay since you redeemed yourself with that AWESOME offer that I still can't believe. Speaking of which, I just remembered that the offer was left hanging, so log in, will you! We need to talk about it. :D Bowie compells thee!
Other incredible offers have come from the last person I ever expected. Slim.
And if my perception is right, he might have asked me out. On a friendly date. But it could just be an outing between friends. But does that still count, or have I been out of it so long that I don't understand the true meaning of dating anymore?
Because I so totally know that Slim is still snogging Renee. I think. Though he was supposed to see her tonight for a movie (he loves bragging, and I love pissing him off about this twisted sort of relationship issue) and he obviously isn't since he's online and asking me to go with him downtown next Saturday.
This annoys me a little, seeing as next Saturday was my last day of work at Sears. And before you all think I got fired, don't panic. I just gave my two weeks' notice and it turns out that next Saturday would have, indeed, been my last day. While I am a little in shock at the sudden turn of events, I simply couldn't juggle a job and all the sudden schoolwork that swamped me in a grand total of four days. Four days of school and I'm already swamped! I figured things wouldn't get better and cut my ties to save my soul. It was money or uni.
I chose uni.
But yeah, turns out Slim isn't snogging Renee tonight. Because shortly after posting the second part of a story that stars him and the guys (the culmination of all our weeks of daydreaming about survival scenarios that I put into words), in which Slim and Drew, for now the only characters to have made an appearance, are privates whose battalion was exterminated and who are fighting against vicious enemies to defend the Underground City of Montreal, I got an instant message from Slim that said, in an unusually autoritarian tone:
Slim: "Okay, next Saturday, no questions asked, we're visiting underground and doing the UQÀM open house."
This is, of course, an alluring suggestion, seeing as I'd been bugging him and Rick and Drew to go downtown to visit the underground network with me. And the RÉSO (Mtl underground network of hallways, malls, metro stations/lines) is so very fun.
I can see one problem with that plan, though.
Me: "Underground?"
Me: "Also, GIMME A BREAK, NEXT SATURDAY IS MY LAST (LAST!) DAY AT WORK!"
Me: "BITCH CAN'T WE DO THIS SUNDAY?"
Slim: "But the open is on Saturday only."
Me: "But... but... D:"
Me: "Aw, geeeeeeez, fine, I'll try to tell my boss."
Me: "Soooooo, who else will be coming with us?"
This is a reasonable question. I'm accustomed to a big gang of people making one outing.
Slim: "I guess me, myself, and I."
Ominous. I'm a little shocked at the admission.
Me: "So I guess with your multiple personalities and me, that makes four."
Slim: "YES that's good."
Me: "Okay... let's try to swindle Rick and Drew for the underground part too, though. They showed some interest in that."
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I mind being alone with Slim all day. In fact, it could prove to be wildly entertaining. But it would seem inappropriate, because... well... we're just supposed to be friends. I can't act like it's a date that easily!
And then I figure...
Me: "Or would that be weird, dragging them to UQÀM?"
Considering they probably don't want to study there?
Slim: "Yes, indeed."
Me: "Wait, I'm confused. Are you saying yes to my question or to the comment above that?"
Slim: "What?"
Me: "Are we dragging the guys along or not?"
There's a rather long pause before Slim replies, "I don't know. If we can, then alright."
But his distinct lack of enthusiasm for the idea confuses me. These are his childhood friends we're talking about. Every time I go to these guys' houses, they all ―all of them!― have group pictures of each other. Let me just say that their kiddie pictures, where the bunch of them are all skinny and tiny and grinning kids, are TOTALLY adorable and they only ever scowl or look sheepish whenever I gush over them.
So it makes no sense that he'd be so unwilling to have them around. They're virtually inseperable.
Which, of course, makes me hyperventilate like, "HOMG-he-totally-just-asked-me-out!"
Which, of course, makes no sense because he would never ask me out in a million years, considering that I piss him off like you wouldn't believe (he has never forgiven me, I think, for brutally waking him up by hitting him violently with his own pillow) and he's got Renee snog all over him whenever he wants it.
Which, of course, perplexes me even more.
At any rate, I just replied with a very laid-back, qué-sera-sera comment: "Well, I suppose that settles that."
Slim: ":) lol"
Slim: (After a while of silence) "By the way, nice chapter 2."
And we descended into a long talk about the future of the story, the start of which he has inspired, caused by his and my daydreams of a Montreal-based survival story/movie/game, to which Drew contributed, and which I am charged with writing.
I'd like to say that I know what's going on, but frankly, I have no time to speculate. Excuse me, I have a LOT of work to do.
Love,
CM

















12 comments:
... Would it be weird for me to say that this is my favorite blog post I've ever seen you written? xD :P Seriously, CM. Now I know that it's perfectly acceptable to be insane around you. If I could make this blog post a favorite, (as in some special blogging method of doing so) I would. xDDD Man, you're just so funny.
You've given me the impression for the longest time that you are a very netural person. I don't know why. But maybe I've obviously not seen you blogging enough. :P Or maybe I haven't been exposed to you that much to know. xD
Good to see that you're happy though!
-BKP
Oh, and about Slim...
I'm going to sound like a complete retard here... but, I mean okay. So, you know, I've been somewhat keeping up to date with your blog and the only thing I can ask is what kind of friendship do you have here?
Because honestly, you kind of hint that he may like you more than a friend, as in love. But then again, you're kind of saying that you don't like him that way... I'm confused. I apologize for sounding like a complete retard here, but it's late over here. T_T
Oh, and since I'm too lazy online to go back to pages, but erm... well, it's great that you're making a change for yourself in writing. I'm glad you're kind of doing what Lyxie is doing and stepping out a bit. It's always fun to do that. So good luck in the future!
-BKP
Ah, you only say I seem neutral because you haven't read about the exploding toilets/pipes/whatnot from last year.
I'm glad I made you laugh, though. Trust me, life is funny when I'm telling you about it. XD
As per Slim... er... invert that. I'm not quite sure where I stand. He's a friend, that's certain, and I don't think I could fathom dating him, but then again, that's only because he's only ever shown me platonic friendship before.
If he were to show actual romantic interest in me, who knows what I would get myself into?
Also, remember that this whole blog is tainted by my point of view. The only thing that you can be (relatively) sure of, is my own point. Everything else I talk about it interpreted, whether I like it or not, by my feelings and opinions, and so could be nothing more than speculation on my part.
Love,
CM
Ahaha, it's that time of the school year for me too. Finals Wed, Thurs, and Fri. Semester ends this week. First report card counting towards my WGPA come in two weeks. I have an essay on Machiavelli's The Prince and Shakespeare's Julius Caesar due tomorrow. But alas, I spent all day writing chapter six instead. As you can see, I have issues prioritizing.
But I did manage to get it done a few minutes ago, and ironically, I think it came out ten times better than it probably would if I actually went through planning and drafting it. I work better on essays that way. Fancy that.
Enjoy Life and Smile.™
Ahh... I think if I were living you love life right now, I'd have either collapsed from stress or picked up a nasty drug habit o_O
Also, David Bowie did some awesome music once upon a time. But the moment he teamed up with Jim Henson for those two movies, he signed an unholy pact with Satan. The world still suffers for that accursed contract.
Slim is weird and hard to read.
It's as simple as that :P So I guess you can only go with him and see what will happen, right?
I can't help but wonder though...
If -you- went back to the dating thing and were 'off the market' so to speak, how would he react?
*ponders*
Ah well, good luck with the wickedness that is school! Even while knowing that we all are waitingfor your next blog to tell us what happened... >>
Love,
Moshie
Is Slim the shy sort around girls that he likes? 'Cause if he is then... I'm just saying he sounds a lot like some of the guys I hang out with when they want to ask a girl out without really asking them out... ya' know?
@ SJ: Thing is, my term's only started. I won't have finals before another 15 weeks! I started last Monday!
@Rensa: You only say that because you didn't watch Labyrinth live with me. Next time, try me; you'll see I make it all better. XD
@Moshie: I have no idea. Slim is as unreadable and unpredictable as a cat on crack. Odds are nothing is going to happen. It'll be a fun outing, but nothing more.
@anonymous: Slim is everything but shy. He's not "outgoing" but he's very open and loud and theatrical once he's comfortable with you. If he wanted to ask someone out... well, I don't know how he'd go about it, seeing as he's never asked me out.
Love,
CM
I don't care how much of a dream boat Bowie is! :'(
DANCE MAGIC DANCE!
Did I say that the Goblin King was hot? I meant that the story is SOOO ATTRACTIVE.
Bwahahaha I am corrupting you.
Lyx, you are a horrible, horrible person, and I will snub you as soon as we meet in person.
Unless you buy me a Stetson. XD
Just kidding, I heard they were bloody expensive!
Love,
CM
Post a Comment