Saturday, May 10, 2008

Final Sprint

With the filming part of movie-making done and the editing well underway, I've come to realise a few things:

1. My two college years are coming to an end...
2. Along with all the massive friend gatherings to which I am completely and shamelessly addicted;
3. Summer is coming
4. As is my trip to France with Eva and Kitty, followed by my trip to TEJAS to visit Lyx;
5. I have plenty of finals to pass;
6. I am both excited and scared shitless by university;
7. This summer will be so badass. It better be.

Tonight, Gabriel is hosting a bonfire at his mansion in the woods. Okay, mansion is a bit of an exaggeration, but he has a huge house in the woods anyway. He and PB have sworn to prepare a banner to inaugurate the start of "Party Season".

Drew and Mitch, on their part, have created a group for all our quality friends (and we have quite a few) titled "Boys and Girls of Summer", where we intend to share invitations to all the parties and excursions. Mitch's role is to manage the beer, apparently.

To my deepest regret, I'll be in France when my team presents its movie at the year-end ceremony. It's a shame, mostly because watching your work on the big screen can be compared to nothing at all. But then, it's Paris...

Not to mention that if our movie is selected as one of the three best (VERY likely) in our college, it's going off to the Intercollegiate Contest in the north of Quebec, and my team has already decided to go there whether we win or not, for three nights. Which sounds just about like SOMETHING AWESOME.

On top of my whole program going camping somewhere for three days (and I'm fairly certain Dom and Gen would be too lame to go, meaning it'd be a party of strictly awesome people).

Anyway, I am torn up inside. Because nothing can beat France, right? I'll only be missing a month of amazing parties with my friends. I'll catch up when I come back.

I'd be a liar to say I don't think it's a shame, though. Especially since this is our last summer all together. After that, PB is going to Québec City, half our friends have to stay in college to finish their DECs, and everyone else is splitting up among five or six different universities.

The only people I am certain of still seeing on a fairly regular basis are Gabriel and Slim, who have entered the same program as me.

It's a big step for me, since only Wednesday I was appreciating the big group we are. We were all lounging on the grass in front of the school, talking for two hours straight, playing guessing games. I couldn't believe how many of us there were, and we were still missing some, but I counted AA, Iva, Maria, Anthony, Melanie, Slim, PB, Gabriel, Josie, Gabie, Guy, Ban, Liz, Max, Michelle, Mitch, Isa, Matt, Sophie, and a good six or seven people I've never mentioned here but who usually hang out with us.

I'm going to go from those twenty something people down to... three? I wouldn't usually say this, but it kind of makes me sentimental. I mean, it's like a massive loss here.

Slim is feeling the same kind of loss, but I can tell he's fighting it with all his energy. He's convinced me the only way to fight the inevitable was to enjoy what you have left.

Which is what I intend to do.

As soon as I finish my finals.

And burn my notes (yay!).

Love,
CM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's tough, the same thing occurred to me when I left college. Just imagine though, if College is so good Uni will be even better!

Soak up the summer, though, you'll need it to get you through the first tough couple of weeks of Uni.

Hmm, did I just contradict myself?
Muchos luv,
*Silverpistola*

Erane said...

Ah, I was wondering where Slim was going. Guess he didn't get into 1st choice either.
I don't know, when I left the thingy for university (I think we have fewer types of schools), I thought I'd miss the whole gang. I've been back there... twice... in the past year. Maybe I should check back...

Erane