"Session's over!" was the cry heard in Slim's house today. With all the exams and projects done, we only have one last thing to finish: our movie.
Today, therefore, was the End of Editing Party at Slim's. Dague, our musician friend, was there to compose our theme song (we have a theme song), which was, as usual when we're faced with the musical genius that Dague happens to be, a blast. I was also meant to record the interviews with each team member so I can complete our making-of, which rocks and is approximately the length of a feature film. No, actually. It is. Without the interviews, I had 1h20 of stuff I want to keep (taken from roughly 3 hrs and something of footage). So, with the interviews, we may be talking about 1h45. Which no one is complaining about.
One by one, my teammates passed in front of the camera, confidentially (meaning only myself and the person interviewed knows what's on the tape). Slim started, followed by AA, Laura, Maria, Iva, PB and Melanie together, then Gabriel, and finally, myself.
Eventually, Drew and Guy joined us for the party, and we watched the start of a cruddy movie from 1991 (dubbed in questionable French) before the pizza came.
While we sat around Slim's kitchen table, laughing, PB suddenly said, "Hey. You know what I'd totally be down for?"
"What?" AA and Maria sound doubtful. PB isn't part of our team, but he was there half the time anyways. He's part of it in our opinion.
"If you say a single thing about an orgy..." Slim warns, laughing. PB's long-standing joke (but I think he's half-serious) is that he wants to have an orgy. He's often seen gathering names to participate, but I doubt he'll ever get to it.
"No, not an orgy." PB chuckles as he nods. "Though an orgy would be nice. But anyway. The bottle."
"As in 'Spin the bottle'?" I ask, amused.
"God, PB," Melanie cries, "is sex all you ever think about?"
"No. I also like cheese." And at this, he took a huge bite of his pizza.
"I like cheese too," Iva absently said, catching the attention of every male in the room. For some reason. Cough, cough.
"Ooooookay," Maria said. "And you call ME immature?"
"Come on, it's awesome," PB exclaimed, throwing out his hands. "I haven't done that since, like, grade eight."
"Oh my god," the chorus of horror is reborn.
"... I'm down for that," Melanie suddenly says.
Oh, bugger. I shrug. "I've never played. Only watched."
"... Let's do it," AA suddenly said.
There was a silence.
And then we gathered the dishes and hurried to the basement, cackling like idiots.
Grade eight idiots.
"You guys joining in?" I asked Guy and Drew, who were immersed by the movie.
"Nope. I'm not chancing having to kiss a dude," Drew said.
"Suit yourself." I reached the circle of silliness as they all sat on the carpeted basement floor, wondering what bottle to use. I offered my water bottle.
"So," Slim started, seating himself between Iva and Melanie. On Iva's other side was Gabriel (big shocking surprise), AA, Maria, myself, and PB, who was also neighbouring Mel. Eight participants: five girls, three guys. "About the rules."
We debated for a short while, until we finally decided that we'd play it Crescendo Bottle. Every time a particular pair was selected, they had to increase the intensity of their 'interaction'. Therefore, the first level was a mere kiss on the cheek. Level 2 was a kiss on the lips. Level 3 was tongue flicking. Level 4 was a full-on French kiss. After Level 4, it was back to square one. To keep track, Maria was appointed as the accountant. PB was appointed game master (meaning: he got to spin the bottle).
We played a good hour, with regular hysterical laughter. In fact, I suspect Guy and Drew regretted not joining in. Well, almost, because Slim and PB and Gabriel came close to French-kissing multiple times. But the rest of the time, they were going round the circle of girls gleefully.
"The saddest part," AA was laughing, "is that I don't even care about French-kissing you all. Like, I've become such good friends with you that it doesn't even matter."
"Everything that is done in this basement―" PB started.
"―Stays in this basement!" We agreed. (Sure, I'm derogating, but it's not like you can point and laugh at us in real life.)
I suppose you want to know the standings?
Be glad I highjacked the accounting paper.
PB and AA: Full house (they went 4 levels, meaning they French kissed) + 1
Iva and AA: Level 1
Slim and PB: Level 3 (yep; they flicked tongues, and it grossed them out)
Slim and I: Level 2
PB and Mel: Full house, TWICE
PB and I: Full house + 1
PB and Maria: Full house + 1
PB and Iva: Full house + 1
Gabriel and Maria: Level 2
Slim and AA: Level 2
Gabriel and Mel: Full house + 1
Maria and Mel: Full house
PB and Gabriel: Level 2
Slim and Gabriel: Level 3
Slim and Mel: Level 2
Gabriel and I: Level 2
Iva and I: Full house
Iva and Maria: Level 2
Iva and Mel: Level 1
Gabriel and AA: Level 3
Gabriel and Iva: Level 3
Mel and AA: Level 2
Maria and AA: Level 3
AA and I: Level 1
Maria and I: Level 1
Yeah, you read right. I personally kissed AA and Maria on the cheek, kissed Gabriel and Slim on the lips, French-kissed Iva and PB, then kissed PB some more, on the cheek.
And, since you are no doubt dying of curiosity by now:
I can't say Frenching Iva was that great. We were laughing too hard and it was so absurd that I can't say it stayed in my mind (though I must say that if I HAD stayed in my mind, then I'd have to revise my life plans). In fact, from this point on I will actively try to ignore it. Not that it was gross (I have no problems with kissing girls or anything; it's guys who seem to find kissing the same sex a real ordeal). I just don't care.
That said, Gabriel, on his part, was a decent kisser. It's hard to judge with just one kiss. But, as Melanie pointed out later, he was probably annoyed that it was me, and not Iva, that he was forced to kiss. Which only makes me crack up. Still, he was cute about it, I guess.
PB's French-kiss was more of an attack. Mostly because French-kissing cannot be forced. We were all laughing, and being watched, and so it was impossible to be in the right mood for it. And while flicking tongues with PB was weird enough, locking lips with him was comparable to having my upper lip sucked in by something wet and extremely soft. Not entirely unpleasant, just... weird, I guess. Especially the part where he missed and licked my nose instead of my lips. But whatever.
I'd like to remind the faithful followers of this blog that it has been over a year and a half since I last got a French kiss from anyone. And yes, 'anyone' perfectly qualifies Bass.
HAHA I MADE YOU LINGER, DIDN'T I?
Well, here's the news.
Slim's lips are soft. So soft, in fact, that mine must have felt like sandpaper, and I know they don't. He was very cavalier about the whole thing. He actually seemed not to mind in the least. I wouldn't say he was eager, but then, there was no hesitation on either of our parts when our turn came. The bottle stopped, we'd look at each other, and while anyone else would whine, complain, or hoot with hilarity, we just crossed gazes, reached across the circle, and kissed. It felt natural, actually, like it wasn't such a big deal.
PB and Gabriel made kissing them feel weird. Slim didn't. For that, I guess I'm grateful.
That said, it wasn't romantic or anything. How could it be? We were surrounded and watched. It was odd, to say the least, and not at all like what I'd have expected my first kiss on Slim to be.
Did stars dance in front of my eyes?
No.
Did my heart speed up?
Well, a little, but then, it also did that every time the bottle spun.
Mostly, I guess I was just trying very hard to appear nonchalant. I couldn't afford to blush or argue. They'd just keep on teasing us mercilessly, as they had all evening (i.e. reading sexual connotations in everything I said in regard to Slim).
Although they seemed impressed by the French kiss I planted on Iva.
If Fate had wanted it, Slim could have been doubly impressed. As it were, though, Fate was strange tonight. PB and Mel constantly got selected; Iva hardly did (to Gabriel's evident dismay). Slim got more guys than girls, which made him whine at the end of the game.
As for me, I found that, where Spin the Bottle games are concerned, and seeing as this was my first time participating in one, such games of stupid luck are, admittedly, entertaining.
Okay, they rock. And I don't care how immature that is.
"Next time," PB said, when we got tired of it, "we're doing Strip Bottle."
Well.
We'll see.
Oh! I forgot to mention the best part.
We were all perfectly sober.
I know. I know. :P
Love,
CM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















9 comments:
Man, you know, I've never played spin the bottle. I dunno - maybe it just isn't popular over here - but I've never heard of anyone playing it here.
That said, I've had plenty of sexually ambiguous misadventures in my time ;D
Spin the bottle is definitely fun, especially if you got some guys with decent humor.
Funny how natural it went with Slim, it's a good thing though. When you're a couple, it's supposed to be natural as well ;)
By the way, as for fun but rather immature games I got another one which may be amusing, when done with the right people. You've most likely already heard of it.
It's called "I've never," and it's like truth or dare in a sense. It's a drinking game but even with just soda it's loads of fun.
It just starts with people sitting in a circle, glasses in front of them. Then the first one starts, for instance with a ; "I've never jumped into the water in the middle of the night,"
Anyone who has done that, has to take a sip of his or her drink. Depending on how good of a stunt it was, or how often he/she has done it, the sip can turn into an all out downing of the glass.
Then the next one can utter a statement. Mind you, when they feel daring enough they just can say something he has done and then drink himself.
It's a game that needs to be done with the right people, but once it is it can be quite hilarious. Like a friend of mine started with a, "I've never had sex in a lift,"then proceeded to drink :P
Anyway, sounds like you had fun!
~moshie
Oh i love that game. I've never played spin the bottle before but the "I never" game is great for a party where everyone is still up at 2 in the morning. :P
The problem with I've Never is that over here, everyone knows what everyone else did already, and secrets are kept secret for a REASON. As in, they would harm people if others knew. So rather than play truth games, we play dare games.
But of course I've heard of it. :p
Love,
CM
I've Never is another good drinking game. The last one who isn't passed out wins. :D I've only played it once though.
Enjoy Life and Smile.™
I've Never is fun. I played it when I first got into Oklahoma; nothing like acquainting yourself with other exchange students by divulging your most humiliating moments ;) But we played with crappy American beer (Keystone Light should not be marketed as an alcoholic drink), so nobody got drunk :P
I've never played any of those games! :( Well, I might have played truth or dare, but it was back when I was like 6 or 7. I definitely wouldn't mind though, with the right people. With spin the bottle, I think ii could kiss another guy on the lips, but anything with tongue would be just nasty! Yes, I am a bit of a homophobe.
Well, senior trip is coming up and one can hope!
I think that freaking out from kissing a person of the same sex isn't so much homophobia as it is a sign of self-consciousness.
I.O.W., men would be more self-conscious and prideful than women. ;)
"I've never played I've Never." For the love of everyone's sanity, of course.
Love,
CM
Well it really is fun ^.^ But if everyone knows everything already, it is rather pointless, no?
I love dare games, but everytime I play it it's with wussy's who immediately put up as many rules as possible to prevent embarrassment. And then proceed to refuse when I do find something origional that they haven't forbidden yet :( So yeah, I need to find some daring friends XD
Post a Comment