Friday, June 20, 2008

Turns out I can't count

Sorry, just quoting the dubbing outtakes from Weiß Kreuz. Which, in case you've never stumbled upon them quite by accident, are missing from your life. Desperately.

For some reason, everything since I came back is extremely unbalanced. Where I used to speak with Slim almost every single day, I go a full week without him even coming online (let alone me talking with him), and where people kept joking about my old-couple-relationship with him, they suddenly shifted (downshifted?) to innuendos.

I can't figure out why, but everything is weird now. We still all get along perfectly, but something in the balance of things has changed. I gave them their souvenirs Tuesday night. I even gave Slim the condom, which made them all laugh good-heartedly.

But still...

Me: Meeeeeeeeeeel I wanna go out tonight! What are the plans??
Melanie: That's what PB and I were discussing just now. We don't know.
Me: I heard it was Matteo's b-day at Moe's tonight, but I don't feel like going all the way over there...
Melanie: Yeah.
Melanie: What's Slim doing tonight?

Like I'd know?

Me: I don't know, I haven't spoken to him in like... whatever. What are our other plans?
Melanie: I don't know anymore... I think PB was suggesting Annie's or his house or something.

In parallel, Gabriel was going, about the French biker dudes thinking I'm hot:

Gabriel: Maybe those bikers had eye problems.
Me: Uh, Gab, it's 'cause I'm freaking BEAUTIFUL, okay? Accept it and stop lying to yourself.
Gabriel: I don't deny it, in fact I'm hiding my jealousy behind a veil of teasing.
Me: Well, there you have it. It's all explained.
Gabriel: I wish I'D had the condom.
Me: I know, but my budget didn't allow it. :p
Gabriel: Hah, so we see who your favourite is in the gang. It's unfair.
Me: Wait, didn't he forget his bag? Now you have it, don't you?
Gabriel: I have it.
Me: You didn't give it back?
Gabriel: Haven't seen Slim since.
Me: I suspect he is dead.
Gabriel: Will you go check?
Me: Meh. Not really.
Gabriel: Because if you do, we can eat Corpse Sandwiches tonight.
Me: Yum!
Gabriel: Hey, I know what you can do tonight:
Gabriel: Go check on Slim!
Gabriel: That'll busy a good part of your evening.
Me: Hahaha what are you suggesting?
Gabriel: Walk over to his place; that's at least an hour right there. Two hours if we count the return walk. And like 30 minutes at his place... that's at least 2:30 to keep you busy.
Me: You're dumb.
Gabriel: No, just resourceful.

What is up with that, anyway? Whenever Slim's not there, people ask me regarding his whereabouts.

Me!

LIKE I WOULD KNOW.

HE JUST HASN'T MADE CONTACT WITH ME SINCE TUESDAY.

EVEN THOUGH EVERYBODY ELSE HAS.

*bangs head on desk in frustration*

I think that it's time I moved to Antarctica. At least, there, I could flirt with penguins. And penguins are so much more faithful than guys-who-aren't-even-my-boyfriend-so-why-should-I-care-that-he-hasn't-spoken-to-me-in-forever??

I'm having a nervous breakdown. This cabin fever is driving me completely insane.

Love,
CM

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let your nerves get away with you. Things after an extended absence do tend to go weird, particularly since this is the first time you've left the crowd for a long time. Steady (let us say 'normal') people aren't used to abrupt change. This is what happened: they (even Slim) resorted to a 'new routine' that did not include you, to get used to your not being there. Now they're getting used to having you around again.

Of course, those first days are scary. You'll feel some discomfort, kind of like when you weren't so intimate with them. Very fragile friendships usually start going downhill/end when the involved has to leave for an extended time period. But I'm sure you'll all fall back into pace: You already saw how much they care for you. I'm also beginning to think many people waited with baited breath to see if Slim mourned your absence desperately, like the old married couple they believe you guys to be.

How about going out on your own? That's what I do when I can't deal with *shudders* cabin fever. 'Course, I live within walking distance of the hangout area of the city, and you keep writing about needing lifts...

Invest in a bike, says I.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just call him? Or text him or whatever...

Anonymous said...

Two words; call him.
He's probably thinking you don't care or something and is waiting, desperately by the phone.
Andbesides, it'll allow you to check on him in one simple movement. Seriously, call him. Two simple words.
You know you wanna...

~moshie

P.S:Two other simple words which you may do also; jump him ;)

CrazygurlMadness said...

Aaargh I'm not his girlfriend! It's not what we do, calling each other. I mean, sometimes, but only when it's strictly necessary.

As per texting, I would if I had my own cell phone. But we have a family cell, so...

(And jumping is out of the question until I'm certain that he won't construe it as rape. You know, that might be the most frustrating part of a relationship: deciding whether they like you enough not to sue.)

(Also, I think I may reuse what I just wrote sometime in the future. Maybe in that TV show Lyx and I are writing.)

Going out tonight, though, so :D

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

Asking about his whereabouts doesn't necessarily mean that they assume you're a couple. They could just recognise that you're pretty close, ya know? But then again, hard to tell at this distance ^^;

Anonymous said...

Wow...

This one is quite reluctant.

If you're so nervous about calling, why call? In fact, a better question is why ARE you so nervous?

Because, if you're just friends, you're friends. There isn't some massive border of calling someone that makes you suddenly a couple...

Or is there? Never trust a hikamori when it comes to social issues... ><

PS: Why jump him? Are you a couple? If you're not, then I remain neutral. Again, don't trust a hikamori...

CrazygurlMadness said...

Hm, I should mention that I did try calling two days ago, and while he didn't answer his phone, he rather rudely accosted me online.

He's in a BAD mood lately, and I don't want any more of that wrath aimed at me than necessary.

So I'll just let him cool off whatever anger he's got, whatever the reason for it may be.

Love,
CM

P.S. "Schrodinger's Cat" is quite possibly the best nick I've read in a LONG time. XD