Sunday, December 31, 2006

Avid

Just to notify you all that a new oneshot from yours truly has been uploaded to ff.net. Avid, a short story rated 15+ (you are warned!), is just another Zelink intermède to celebrate the end of 2006 and to satisfy your growing need for Zelink action.

Here's a short excerpt, to encourage you to go read it.

“May I inquire as to the ‘why’ of your calling me?”
This sent the line into an embarrassed silence. He opened his fridge, quite accustomed to the wait, and searched for something edible. Unfortunately for him, the only goods he could still consume without endangering his health were the bottle of mustard and the four cans of beer in his fridge door.
There was a mumble on the line, timed with him kicking his fridge closed. “I’m sorry,” he smiled, “but I have no idea what you just said and you’ll have to embarrass yourself further by repeating it louder and clearer.”
“Do you have plans tonight?”
He glanced at his clock. “It’s seven-thirty and I haven’t had supper yet. By the looks of things I’ll either have to look for a presentable food joint or hunt the meat myself. Neither option appeals to me. If your question implies I’m going to get good food if I respond by the negative, tell me at once.”
“You could have just asked me to dinner, you know.” Her tone was flat, but he could hear she was dissimulating her amusement.
“Ah, but I’m not the one doing the asking.”
“Fine.” She sounded a bit annoyed. “Look, I’ll be blunt with you. It’s Midwinter’s eve and my family is out of the country. My friends are all at their own parties with their boyfriends and their own families and I didn’t want to be the third wheel again. So I turned them down. Now I’m alone and I don’t want to sound like I’m a sob-story, but… Do you have plans for tonight, yes or no?”


Leave a review if you have time before heading off to some exciting New Years' party (like I soon will!).

HAVE FUN AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Love,
CM

No comments: