Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fighting Gravity news

Before anyone freaks out, like, "OMG SHE HASN'T SPOKEN ABOUT FG IN SO LONG, SHE MUST HAVE GIVEN UP", I'd like to say, "No," and, "Slap yourself for even thinking that."

In fact, as Lyxie might attest if she happens to lurk around here, FG is still going strong. In fact, if she finds to time to play witness, she'll probably assure you better than I could that LoZ futuristic fiction works (this time around) which is immensely relieving because I was worried it simply could not be done and that I was shooting myself in the foot.

I personally divide FG into main parts (so far I'm planning 5, but a 6th might be necessary if I can't properly conclude with part 5), which are divided into chapters (these are the divisions I'll use for posting the story online), which are then divided into scenes (as such, a chapter can contain one to three scenes; typically: two).

At the moment I'm working on scene 18, where I get to mix elements from the Oracle games with a Twilight Princess boss. Exciting. Scene 17, right before it, is one of my favourites as it contains some Midna goodness, some Zant insanity and my beloved Dark's frustration. The story is picking up and steadily rising; in other words, it's finally found its slow cruising speed.

I don't know if I'd mentioned these things, but I might as well repeat it for the newcomers.

Fighting Gravity, while completely different from Only in Hyrule, follows the same don't-invent-material-if-you-can-borrow-it-from-the-series concept. Basically, all characters are from the games and all places/objects/situations will be connected to canon somehow. I do this mostly to entertain myself, so yay for me.

Additionally, the characters, because they're just not numerous enough (this is sarcasm, by the way), are sometimes multiplied. I mean that Zelda, Sheik and Tetra exist as seperate entities. That isn't unusual, but I also took the liberty of dividing Link's personas into seperate characters too, which might lead to confusion.

Let's just say that Link, Young Link, Dark Link, Fierce Deity Link, and Wolf Link all make an appearance in the story, and they are all different characters leading different lives with different objectives. For convenience and originality, I gave them new names, but you can guess that they won't be very far-fetched. ; )

And here I think I'll resume posting main character profiles, but since it's a batch update, you're better off just seeing them on the Twitchy Site under Fighting Gravity's page (... Upcoming Stories\Fighting Gravity).

Actually, I did a few changes to the site, so you might as well go check them out today and tomorrow.

Okay, enough. Time to go.

Love,
CM

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I will gladly attest to the fact that FG is freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!! Like, seriously incredible. So don't heckle CM, people, because she's working on possibly THE best piece of fanfiction I have ever, ever read.

Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to check it out once it comes out!!! :D

The whole idea of a futuristic Zelink story DOES captivate me!! :D xDDDD

I admit... I've never really read sci-fi... ^^;;

I think I'll enjoy it nonetheless knowing there's a romance in it! (Maybe that's the reason why I've never read sci-fi books... Heh heh heh...)

Anonymous said...

While looking around the Twitchy Site, I read some of the drabbles you have up, CM. I have to ask with the Relaxation entry: any influence from Hero on My Table? ;)

CrazygurlMadness said...

@ Scop: Perhaps. Though I'd had a few conversations on the subject in the week before writing it, too, with people from school and work. Not to mention it's the first thing that came to mind... :p

Love,
CM