Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April 1st... Bahahahaha

Oh mah god. Oh mah god. Oh mah god. So, so pretty. This is one of those few times I wish we weren't April 1st. Do we agree?

Will return later with relevant update.

Love,
CM

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roffle! Man, IGN went all out this year... although I'm kind of glad that this is an April Fool's Day joke, because that's so cheesy I think I just might choke. Great production values, though... ^^

Anonymous said...

It's pweeettttyyy <3
Even though it's totally dorky, I'd go and watch it if it were real :P Though I'd probably would have to wait a while :P

~moshie

Anonymous said...

I would definitely watch it! :P It would be great to see a Legend of Zelda movie if they could actually pull off all of the cg effects and stuff they'd need for it. Even with today's technology, I don't think they could do it. At least, they couldn't do very well.

I hope I get to see it in my lifetime, just not to soon in my lifetime. :)

CrazygurlMadness said...

I think the Legend of Zelda is meant only to make good trailers.

Much like the hype is almost sweeter than actually playing the games we've always waited for.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

There should be more hints of Zelink in there rather than Malink... :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm such a die-hard Zelinker!! xD

-BKP

Anonymous said...

IMO, IGN gets bonus points for making it actually seem like something that could legitimately appear in theaters: taking the OoT storyline and modifying it significantly to be both shorter and initially more action-packed.

Of course, just like any popular (superhero) movie, fans would likely be torn over such changes, but I just like the fact IGN put the changes in there in the first place. I mean, not that you couldn't tell it was an April Fools joke immediately, but if it had been a straight OoT story rip, it would've been even more obvious as an AFJ.

...am I even making any sense?

CrazygurlMadness said...

@ BKP: Actually, Zelda does appear more often in this "trailer" than Malon does, and actually speaks. This says a lot about her overall importance. As per the supposed MalonxLink scenes, I personally saw them as EponaxLink myself.

Threat? What threat?

@buttery: Agreed. Though I'm reserved on the making of any LoZ movie, I appreciate the effort put into this trailer and find that it was daring and interesting. If anything did show up in theaters, I wouldn't snub it on account of changing the plot a little. That's just unappreciative.

Love,
CM

SirJoshizzle said...

I think a movie would be kind of overkilling the series (a la FFVII). But in my opinion, a Zelda movie would only work if it were animated, and in Japanese.

Enjoy Life and Smile.

Anonymous said...

I cringed throughout the whole thing. The cheesiness was too much for me to take! :P
And I love how Link doesn't talk. At least that one detail stays true to the series. XD

--->The Destined

CrazygurlMadness said...

I believe it will happen one of these days, whether fans want it or not.

Just pray the script is left in my hands, and the production in Slim's.

To quote him, "ONE DAY IT SHALL BE DONE PROPERLY".

Haha it'd be fun.

That said, I don't believe in bashing on movies out of some blind principle. I say, always give 'em a chance, and then you can decide whether it can be hailed along with OoT or booed along with the CD-i's.

Generally, it's somewhere in between.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

...

--Scarlet