Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oh Em Gee.

Had my first day of college today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The teachers are cool enough and the guys are kinda cute. In a ruffian, haven't brushed my hair or teeth way.

Okay. Ew.

Still, I saw most of the people from my high school there, so it was cool. I bought some of my Literature books (SO EXPENSIVE) and first met my French teacher (who teaches Literature), and then my Communications and Publicity teacher. Both have the same last name (o_0), but they're TOTALLY different. C&P was way crazy and young and totally asked us to be really informal with him. So strange.

Anyway. The day kind of dragged on. Wasn't boring, but almost. At least the first day is outta the way.

Tomorrow, more fun with Artists: Myth & Society, and Philosophy. Yayness.

@ The Destined and Southpaw: I agree. Yes to everything you both said. I'm a bit tired so you'll have to excuse my lack of wordiness. ^^ But you are both absolutely correct, where I'm concerned.

As for the very fascinating (let me hope) Only in Hyrule, I'm sure the invisible multitude will be overjoyed to hear that I have finally managed to slay the evil dragon of Procrastination And Writer's Block. From now on, I'll refer to him as the evil dragon of PAWB. Why? 'Cause it sounds cool.

... PAWB!

Ahem. As I was saying, I finished chapter 12 (much rejoicing must ensue) and so will start chapter 13. No skipping evil numbers. There is no such thing as an evil number. I was born on the thirteenth and have five fingers on each hand, like everyone else.

I know this chapter will also be hellish, but no matter. My quest to bring the world a quality batch of AUs is stronger than my desire to throw my computer out the window. The chapter will be written, even if it takes blood, sweat and tears.

I just hope it won't come to that.

Anyway. I can't wait until I'm done with chapter 17. That one is likely to be the last of the 27 to be a real hell.

To keep you interested, here's another profile.

Character Profile: Sheik

Name: Sheik Strike
Age: Late twenties.
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Brownish-red
Skin: Very light tan.
Physical particularities: Cares very little about the state of his clothes.
Residence: A loft in Marcastle.
Education: Marketing major.
Job: Publicist in the same firm as Link. Mostly a phys. ed. trainer for clients, though.
Character: He's laid-back and usually prefers physical work to paper work. He's rarely seen getting work done, but usually respects deadlines. He loves nature and is extremely good with animals, but a bit too lyrical for most of his own species.
Likes: Horseback riding, caring for living creatures.
Dislikes: Deadlines.
Greatest fear: It's hard to guess if he has any. He probably doesn't, but you never know.
His dream: To retire in a quiet, relaxing place.

Next is probably going to be Aryll, Link's sister. ^^

That's it for this somewhat long and tedious update. 'Til next time!

Love,
CM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read that you had five fingers on each hand, I was like... "Whoa!" Then I realized that that was completely normal. It was a brain fart.

My schedule didn't work out quite as nicely as I had hoped. The two classes I wanted to take most were at the exact same time. What were the odds of that? The Gods do not look kindly down upon me, it seems.

I'm not excited about going back to school, although I shouldn't be worried; it's just going to be the same stuff as the last three years. Still... eh....

And frankly, you pretty much have a monopoly on high-quality AUs. Most definitely the AU oneshots. Hooray!

~Southpaw

CrazygurlMadness said...

Yes. I surprised many people with my ten-fingers-divided-by-two-hands freakishness. ^^

My schedule is almost too lax. I had to kill four hours between the History of Art and Philosophy classes today. So I started reading one of the novels our Lit. teacher wants us to read for a test in two weeks.

My Philosophy teacher described philosophers as (etymological treatment) "Lovers of Wisdom", "Seekers of Wisdom", "Beggars of Wisdom". Which of course lead a guy and I to lean towards each other and mumble "Hobo of Wisdom". Great times.

I do hope multi-chaptered AU stories are on your thumbs up list too? Not just oneshots? ^^ I must have a purpose to keep writing...

I'm kidding you. Really. You could not stop me with all the flames in the world.

Unless they were really convincing.

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

I love how the characters are coming along. And there are so many of them, too! You've got the qualities of a great writer, CM.

My schedule, unfortunately, is horrible. The three subjects I want to concentrate on the most are in the same semester. What are the odds of that? Just my luck, I suppose.

Call me immature, but I just love that phrase "brain fart". It made me laugh out loud. Heh.

And, I love AU stories, multi-chapter or not, just for the record. I love any kind of setting for a Zelda fic, just as long as it's good. My obsession has not yet ceased.
--->The Destined

P.S- Sorry for my ignorant review. '^^