Before I get into my little update, I'd like to say Video Creation has got to be the coolest course in the history of the world. Seriously. We'll be studying camera angles, digital work, lighting effects and sound tracks.
Just. Plain. Cool.
As I'm sure you're dying to know, Only in Hyrule is now written up to the last page of chapter 14. Predictably, the reason I'm here telling you about it and not finishing the chapter is because the evil dragon of PAWB (Procrastination and Writer's Block) is burning up my brain cells. So I had to fetch an extiniguisher and...
So instead of writing, I went shopping with my mom and we watched Monty Python's Life of Brian because it's just a great movie. So old, but whatever. Romans go home!
Also, my state of obsession with Twilight Princess has moved to a new level. Indeed, it is now so intense that I spent a whole night dreaming about it. Not like I stayed up and thought about it. I mean I literally dreamed about the plot and Link (drool) and the wolf (double drool) and Midna and Zelda and horseback riding. I swear. A whole bloody night of it.
Now, don't get me wrong, Ninty. I love ya and I especially love your games. But if you'd just release Twilight Princess already, you wouldn't have mental cases like me roaming the free world, okay?
On a side-note, I'd like to remind humanity (or the fraction of humanity that acknowledges my existence) that as soon as Twilight Princess is released, I'm sure to vanish from the web for a month or two. Because I'll be too busy doing other obvious things. Though as soon as I'm done with it (and replaying it at least once), you can expect a beast master Link to appear in my fanfics. ^^ Not in OiH, because by then I'll already be done writing it, but in a few oneshots, and maybe a multi-chaptered thing. Still haven't decided.
Because how can a self-respecting author NOT include Wolfie Link in his or her work?
Also, if they do not name Wolf Link anything else but Wolf Link (as in, if the wolf does not get a proper name like Epona has the name Epona), I have resolved to refer to him as Wulf.
That is my announcement for the day.
Also, I know I announced Ralph as today's profile, but I figure I should put Ruto in before that. Because... Well, there's no reason why not. It's not like she's more important where story percentage is concerned, but whatever. (Story percentage is the percentage of the completed story having involved any one character.)
Character Profile: Ruto
Name: Ruto Watters
Age: Early to mid-twenties.
Hair: Jet black
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Almost white.
Physical particularities: Stunning, but a fashion victim.
Residence: A large mansion in Lakeside owned by her father, Zora Watters, the symbolic Count of Lakeside.
Education: A few years in marine biology before she shifted and went for psychology.
Job: Temporary assistant in the marine research center of Lakeside.
Character: She's a keen observer and slightly manipulative. She may seem like a fashion plate type, but she can drop the attitude when she's with friends. She's protective of friends, and though she may have a longer fuse than Malon, her temper bursts are legendary.
Likes: Swimming and reading books about psychological disorders.
Dislikes: Those who don't listen to what she commands (unless they're friends).
Greatest fear: Heights and the sight of blood. Or, more precisely, acrophobia and hemophobia, as she refers to them.
Her dream: To one day meet Jabun Jabu, her favourite psychological writer.
Yeah. I don't know who'll be next. Probably the twins Rova (Koume and Kotake). Until then...
Love,
CM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















2 comments:
It's great that Video Creating is a cool class. I'm a little tentative about one of my classes---Wilderness Survival. I'm not sure I'm the outdoorsy-camping type, so I may try and switch it to something else, even though the knowledge would be very useful. You know, in case an airplane crashes or something (I'm one of those slightly paranoid people who likes to read worse-case scenario books).
I'm sure Video Creating will provide a nice contrast to writing. Sometimes, when I'm thinking out a scene or something, I see it in my head--like a movie almost--but I can't write it as well as I see it. It's very annoying. Sometimes I wish I could just SHOW it instead of writing it, but that would probably be equally difficult seeing how I have NO video creating knowledge, and it'd probably be more expensive too. Heh.
I also obsess over Twilight Princess. I haven't had a really bad spell lately, but when I did I would watch the trailer over and over again and stare longingly at screenshots. I would literally waste away. I would also get this crappy sicky feeling, anxious/anticipating, like a little kid before a field trip, excited, but worried the perfect day would go wrong. And I plan on dropping out of school when Twilight Princess actually comes out. Psh. Who needs school when you have Zelda games?
Link is awesome. Wolves are awesome. Wolf Link is therefore, doubly awesome.
I really like these profiles, they're entertaining. Ruto...psychology... hehe. For some reason, pyschologist Ruto is very amusing to me. Probably because psychologists have those "soothing" voices. And I can imagine her using it, then having one of those "legendary" temper bursts. The giant fish diety is now a top-selling author on psychology! The things you can do with AU! =) I can't wait!
~Southpaw
P.S.
You actually got pretty close to the present in your hisotry class! Impressive...
(Wow, this was really long.)
Funny you should mention plane paranoia. In chapter 2, Zelda gets a little nervous herself. ^^ I'm not saying anything more. It's just a detail and doesn't contribute to the overall plot, but still.
And, not to make you freak out or anything, but if a plane ever crashed in the wilderness and didn't explode, killing everyone within, and you happened to survive, trust me, you'd be one lucky bastard.
Seriously, though, the chances of planes crashing are zero to nil. The reasons they talk about them so much is because crashes are so rare. Planes are the safest means of travel in the world, after all.
Wilderness Survival, however, might come in handy if you ever leave the big city. ^^ I suppose the interest of it is to cover basic human survival points and see how a human body tends to react in a traumatic situation. I'd find it interesting. Even though I hate camping, who cares?
Frankly, though, Video Creating won't be fascinating in terms of making a movie. What interests me most is the lighting and mood aspect of it. You know, which colours, which effects do what. I'd keep them in mind even in writing. ^^
I wouldn't skip school for a videogame, though. Maybe it's my fussy, nerdy side coming out, but I really do suggest you play after hours, you know. Zelda is great, but you need to get out too.
Or you might become a scary hobo-like hermit. That'd be terrible!
On to chapter 15.
Love,
CM
Post a Comment