Saturday, September 02, 2006

W00t, three day weekend!

Since you care, I'm halfway through chapter 15 of Only in Hyrule, meaning that we're getting closer to its release date.

I assume that at this rate, I'm gonna be posting the first chapter within the next two weeks, so that's sure to make people feel a bit better. I'm thinking I could release two chapters per week, which would lead us well into the holidays...

Unless I speed it up. Hm... My lazy side is protesting, and my I-want-to-play-TP side is telling me I really ought to hurry up so that I can focus on gaming. Tough choice.

Instead of procrastinating, I might as well just post a profile today and--

Wait. Today is a special day! You get two profiles instead of one! Celebrate!

Character Profile: Koume

Name: Koume Rova
Age: Near ancient.
Hair: White
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Wrinkled.
Physical particularities: Tends to prefer red clothing. Looks strikingly like her sister, Kotake.
Residence: A tiny servant room in Marcastle palace.
Education: Who knows? All anybody cares about is that she's a mean cook.
Job: Marcastle's palace staff cook. Blessed be she.
Character: She's the fiery twin of the Rova sisters. She's known to have a short temper and a true love of culinary arts. She tends to overindulge the palace staff, which makes the staff take her skills for granted. She also has a nasty love of scandals and making a show of herself. She has a knack for making people feel welcome, though.
Likes: Cooking, calling Link names and being the centre of attention.
Dislikes: Food thieves.
Greatest fear: To die before Kotake.
Her dream: To one day be recognized as the best cook in history. Well, she can always hope, but at her age, she may be out of luck.

Character Profile: Kotake

Name: Kotake Rova
Age: Near ancient.
Hair: White
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Wrinkled.
Physical particularities: Tends to prefer blue clothing. Looks strikingly like her sister, Koume.
Residence: A tiny servant room in Marcastle palace.
Education: Who cares? She does all the work nobody wants to do.
Job: She's head of the cleaning staff, so don't mess up her curtains!
Character: She's the cool twin of the Rova sisters. She has a curt attitude and is the epitome of a neat freak. She tends to seek and exchange gossip with the palace staff, which makes the staff assume she isn't a reliable source of info. She loves scandals and getting people into trouble. She has a knack for snapping sense into people, though.
Likes: A good gossip, making assumptions and calling Link names.
Dislikes: Dirt and dust.
Greatest fear: To die before Koume.
Her dream: To find an ultimate remedy against dirt.

That's it for today, folks! See you later.

Love,
CM

P.S. I love the overworld theme from Twilight Princess... *hums along* So epic. So Legend of Zelda-ish. Glee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah. lovely. i came back and i feel better because OTHER PEOPLE have commented!!! its ridiculous how closely i follow your stories...
but a 27 chapter was definitely unexpected seeing as how much you don't like long stories especially if you have to write them (i may have paraphrased off your profile which makes me even more pathetic). i really need to get a life....
ah. and i am suddenly craving hot chocolate. so ill see you later

the undefined (once again formerly known as lil dev g)

CrazygurlMadness said...

Yes, it's alright to post comments. It doesn't require a log-in and it's free and it gives me some day-to-day insight on what readers are like. ^^

I know I said I don't like long stories. It's still true. I know that's a weird thing to say, but I really hate multi-chaptered fics.

At least I'll be able to say I hate them with full knowledge of what I'm saying, having written some myself.

Seriously, though, the only reason I'm telling this story with many chapters is because it was impossible to tell in a oneshot. It'd have been a mighty crappy oneshot.

Plus, it allows me to play with the limits of the AU genre. It's a great challenge. In that sense, I made a full backdrop for the story, and it only hardly shines through.

On top of all that, I want to prove that it is possible to make a long story and actually go through with the idea, and to finish it with bravado. Too often, good stories get dropped, and readers are disappointed. I know for being a fanreader myself. :)

Besides, I get to write stuff about Link's chest that makes me happy and that couldn't have appeared as easily in a traditional oneshot. Female fans rejoice!

Anyway, I've been trying to finish chapter 15. Three pages to go, actually. I guess I could try to finish it before going to bed.

So, tourlou! (Regional salutation, sorry. ^^)

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

I just want to get it out: I absolutely LOVE Koume and Kotake's greatest fears. It's hilarious. And how they like to make fun of Link. I'm looking forward to reading those scenees. ^^

And I think that your Video Creation class will be very beneficial for explaining scenes in your stories. Not that it isn't already awesome, but you can never learn enough, and you can always get better.

I sypathize with Southpaw about not being able to portray scenes and scenery that you see in your mind in writing. It's so frustrating. I just wish there was some OTHER way to portray it. There should be a link in the stories that lead to what the author sees in his/her mind. XD I wish.

I still don't understand how you hate multi-chaptered fics, CM. I love them. But it takes time and effort to make a really good multi-chaptered fic. I've seen so many fantastic multis on FF.Net, it's just unbelievable. Maybe if you read some of these awesome fics, you'll change your mind...;)

And one more thing. I was wondering, CM, if you think OiH will be your best work yet?

Can't wait 'till you post!
---->The Destined

*P.S--I love all the music I've heard from TP. Especially Ilia's song. It's so Zelda-ish, yet different somehow..

CrazygurlMadness said...

I like Koume and Kotake. In the overall plot, they're definitely side characters, but they add a definite LoZ feel, just with their antics.

To be quite frank, I wish there was a system that allowed you to input audiovisual thoughts into the computer to be published and viewed by others. Imagine seeing plenty of fanmovies straight out of peoples' heads! I'd die and go to heaven, for sure. I keep picturing fanfics in Advent Children style imagery... *drool*

And I hate writing multi-chaptered stories. I don't mind reading them, as long as they match my quality standards. I've found a lot that were amazing (case in point: Shadow Lord's Bane. Enough said).

But writing them... Just, ech. I can't seem to stay focused on the same idea, most of the time. That's why oneshots are the best deal for me.

The other unfortunate problem is that they're a commitment, with people anticipating stuff and the constant desire to push back people's expectations.

Oneshots are oneshots, short and sweet, and once they're done, you take 'em or you leave 'em. The more a story contains chapters, the more people tend to get critical.

And here's my answer:

OiH will be my best story to date.

Whether it's because I care so much it, or whether it's because I improve with each story regardless of their content for sheer practice, I promise that Only in Hyrule will be excellent.

Until I surpass it, that is. ^^

(And now that your expectations are boosted, you're destined ot be sorely disappointed. Oh well. ;P)

Love,
CM

P.S. Love the Overworld theme most of all. I love how it's a remix of Ocarina of Time's field, but with a tinge of the Legend of Zelda theme mixed in (I think). For whatever reason, I love it. Maybe it's because I'm biased. XP