Monday, September 25, 2006

Not related to fanfiction!

Do not read if you hate reading/hearing people talking about their day (and feeling happy for themselves). Again, please keep in mind all the names used in this post are fictional.

START OF STORY-TELLING (Skip ahead for general info.)\

Upon coming into the cafeteria, I am greeted by the sight of plenty of people I know, including but not limited to Kitty, Josie, Eva and their respective friends Gen and Nick. Project Boy is there too. He alleviates my worries concerning a writing assignment. THANK YOU, PROJECT BOY!

I talk with them for a while, but then, who do I see to the left? Admin Boy and one of his (drastically less handsome) friends? Should I go talk to them, or will they think of me as a freak? Hm... questions, questions. Eva insists I should go. I am unsure. I don't want to look pushy, or anything...

Damn, Admin Boy and his friend have vanished. I missed my chance for today. Plus, almost everyone else is leaving for their classes, meaning I'm left with Project Boy, who is busy discussing the danger of eating a hot-dog with a funny guy called "Phil". He is quickly coming to the conclusion that hot-dogs from the Caravan are more damaging to one's longevity than hot-dogs from the Station. This leads to the decision that he and Phil should walk over to the Station and purchase hot-dogs.

They abandon me, since I didn't feel like having hot-dogs and since "Slim", (a very cool guy who regularly hangs out with Project Boy and I, and who could easily rival with PB if he were in any of my classes), isn't appearing and they need someone to stay on the lookout for him.

Lo and behold, who returns? Admin Boy and his friend? Enough hesitation, I will intrude upon their conversation and make my existence known. If they don't want me around, I'll be sure to notice and leave as gracefully as possible.

Hello, Admin Boy. Don't you look gorgeous today. And hello, friend of Admin Boy. You are certainly less interesting than your much slimmer, sexier, smarter and cuter friend. But I will accept you and speak to you just as much because you are his friend and therefore must have other qualities.

Admin Boy seems glad to see me. That's nice to know. His friend too seems glad, though probably because, since they both come from an all-boys school, I found out, he is unaccustomed to girls of his age. Maybe he's a little too glad, actually.

I discover Admin Boy was in olden days a soccer player (which explains his sexy build), but that for now he is mostly busy studying. So responsible...!

I inquire about his pasttimes. This leads to a completely unrelated conversation about hang-gliders, parachutes, and also a conversation about heads plugs from the Matrix. Still, I press to find out if indeed he is a gamer. I find out his friend owns an XBox (BLASPHEMY) but that Admin Boy owns the three consoles, and that he is interested in purchasing the Wii over the 360. Sensible boy.

Apparently, Admin Boy has three brothers and sisters, of which he is the eldest.

Admin Boy's friend has no computer. Sad. Admin Boy himself, however, owns as many computers as I do (four, that is). This must mean something.

I am getting tired of trying to make a decent conversation flow. It seems like Admin Boy is a lot quieter than his friend who, while certainly very talkative, is also very boring. If only he would go so that Admin Boy could actually get involved in this conversation...

Rescue comes in the form of Project Boy and Slim (PB must have found him), who have returned to the cafeteria. Slim, glad to have somewhere to hang out, sits on my other side, while Project Boy sits across from him, in front of me. I receive glares from girls all around. What can I say? I choose my friends. They just happen to be smart, cute, and funny. And anyway, give me a break. This is a victory for us nerdy gaming girls.

Slim enthusiastically entertains a lot of the conversation with Admin Boy and his friend. I am very grateful, because I was running out of steam. Plus, Project Boy's interjections are hilarious. Unfortunately, it's difficult to have a decent conversation with Admin Boy in these conditions, and after some time, he glances at his watch and looks up apologetically. He says he has to go to his Politics class. He has a test and can't afford to be late. I smile, a bit relieved because that means his annoying friend is leaving too.

Notably, Admin Boy has a nice backside.

Once both Admin Boy and his friend are gone, Slim raises his brows at me and says, "So, who were those guys?"

I shrug. "I spoke to them for real for the first time today."

Project Boy, not looking jealous in any way, snidely comments, "So you're collecting boyfriends, huh?"

I make a face at him, because I am reconsidering Admin Boy. If he comes with the talking-annoying-friend attachment, I think I might just stick to PB and Slim.

And Alex, too, who just sat across from me as well, next to Project Boy. Alex is a tall, lanky guy with a good face and a peculiar view on things. Though he doesn't respect many people, he and I are actually rather good acquaintances.

He leans forward towards me now and whispers, "It's my birthday today, you know."

I raise a brow. "Really?"

He nods. "Yep. Kitty text-messaged me during Chem. And Mia at seven thirty this morning."

I smile and outstretch my hand. "Huh. Happy birthday, then." He takes my hand with a smile. "You're saying the truth, right?"

"Yes," he assures me, and I see he isn't lying.

Slim leans forward. "What's going on?" He was busy talking with PB about something or other.

Alex goes, "It's my birthday."

Slim, suspiciously, says, "Happy b-day, then."

Alex: "Why does no one believe me?"

PB: "You seem like the kind who'd invent himself a birthday."

I glance at my watch. "Hey, guys, we have to head upstairs now."

Alex stands. I call him back and give him a hug. I didn't have a card or anything, so I figured it was the least I could do. Especially since hardly anybody remembered it or wished him a good one. Poor Alex.

That's when I notice that Project Boy and Slim were kind enough to wait for me. I thought until then that they just let me tag along and didn't care much, but to see them wait for me really made me feel good. And for the first time since I've been hanging out with them, I feel like they care and aren't just humouring me because we come from the same school.

Slim didn't have any classes until four, so he had nothing better to do than come into French with us. Actually, today's class wasn't even a class. It was a come-get-the-teacher's-approval-for-your-writing-assignment-plan-then-scram sort of class. The idea, as PB announced it, was to be out of there within half an hour.

My attendance leads to another inner victory for me. In that class is a guy whom I used to know. He was the king of my elementary school, and considered by many as the cutest guy there. "Greg", now a lot less cute than he used to be, looks up when I come in. I'd made it my policy to ignore him for two reasons: 1. he'd made fun of me back then (I had a lot of baby fat which melted four years ago) and 2. if he didn't want to talk to me, I hardly see why I'd grovel for his attention. In the good ole days, I was a pudgy know-it-all, so obviously he'd disdain me. It was uncool, back then, to be smart.

I come into the class, hardly glancing at him. Slim, meanwhile, waits outside because our teacher didn't want unknown faces in his class. Project Boy and I, feeling bad for Slim, put our names on the appointment list, take out our assignment plans, and prepare to exit the room.

That's when Greg comes forward. "Hey, CM, can I see your plan for a sec?"

I hand it to him, noticing that he remembers my name. Score one for the nerd.

He hardly glances at it, then hands it back. "Okay, thanks. I just wanted to check something." He goes back to his spot. I turn to follow PB out when Greg suddenly asks, "Do you remember me?"

I smile to myself. Score two for the nerd. I say, "Yeah, I remember you. I was wondering who would break in first."

He smiles, clearly embarrassed. I know he's noticing that I'm not that pudgy and ugly anymore. Score three for the nerd. I smile back at him politely, and then walk out of the class to wait with Slim and Project Boy, who look at me with extreme amusement.

"So guys chat you up and you turn them down?" Slim comments.

I laugh. I think the nerd won the battle against the big boss. "Nope. But I think he's gonna think twice before humiliating nerds again."

Project Boy rolls his eyes. "I have no clue what you're talking about and yet I'm sure it's a juicy story."

So PB, Slim and I stayed for half an hour in the hallway to talk. Project Boy and I got our plan approvals, then grabbed our bags and left (please note Greg was still busy trying to rework his own plan at this point).

Slim took his bike and accompanied Project Boy to his bus stop, then followed me over to mine. From the other side of the street, that is. That is so Slim. He said it was too much trouble since we'd be splitting up anyway once he continued on his way home. Still, he would slow down on the other sidewalk to let my walking pace catch up with his bike's, so that by the time I reached my bus stop, five minutes later, he was still level with me and could answer me back when I said, "See you tomorrow."

Even if things don't turn romantic (because, come on, let's face it, it's just a funny sort of friendship), I'm pretty darn lucky that I got those guys to share a similar schedule with. I could have gotten crappy people, but instead, I got Slim and Project Boy.

\END OF STORY-TELLING. (You can stop scrolling now.)

I know a lot of people are like, 'stop pissing us off with your life stories', but guess what? I LOVE MY LIFE. You should love yours. And if you don't, make it worthwhile, like I did. It's not like you can't find your own Project/Admin Boys or anything. They exist. I'm the proof of that.

And tomorrow, I will have Video Tech, which will be great too. Don't worry, though. Unless something really scandalous happens, you'll be spared of that joyous episode.

And now, back to chapter 19 (which, no, I still haven't finished).

Love,
CM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you guys speak french or english? like, are all those conversations and stuff in french? cuz if it is, you're a good translator, it seems.

CrazygurlMadness said...

Oh. Astute of you to notice. ^^ Indeed, I translated the Quebecer French to English.

Actually, despite what I may claim, Project Boy and Admin Boy are mostly francophone. ^^ They can speak English, but I interact with them and most of my friends in French. It would be correct to say we're all bilingual and that we simply choose to speak in French.

'Cause, actually, a normal conversation would look more like...

Slim: Fait que les gars t'parlent pis toé tu les écoeures?

CM: Non. Mais à c't'heure y va y penser à deux fois avant d'faire chier des bollés.

PB: J'ai aucune idée de quoi tu parles, mais j'suis sûr que c'est ben juteux comme histoire.

I figured a majority of people wouldn't understand, so I translated. :P

Love,
CM

Anonymous said...

You figured right. :S That was quite slang-y, I had a really difficult time trying to understand what it meant.

So thank you for translating your conversations for us, because, like you said, the majority of us would not understand. XD

--->The Destined

CrazygurlMadness said...

Precisely. Montrealers have their own speech pattern. LoL.

Love,
CM