I know this is a second post in one day, but I figured I'd spread the awesome news.
The votes for the 2007 UFO Awards are in. As you might recall (or seen on this blog), two of my stories had been up for contest: Only in Hyrule and Summit, which had already been a massive honour. The nominations, seconds, and votes were all out of my hands. My only role was to accept the nominations if I wanted to participate.
That said, I just received an email from Dejana Talis at the UFOs about the first round of voting results:
First place: Only in Hyrule
Second place: Lyx's Chance
Third place: Summit
While I figured that having two stories up would probably earn me a spot in the end, I never expected to rank both of them in the top three. So I'm really excited, flattered and happy! As per Lyx's ranking in there, W00T! I will so harass you on MSN, lady.
... No seriously, chick, WE KICK ASS! :D :D :D
And since one of my stories has made the first place, I'm eligible for the second round of voting: Best Story Overall. Which would stun me better than a Deku Nut, so I'm keeping my expectations low.
Soooo as soon as the second round of voting opens, I'll let you know and we'll see how far this takes us.
As soon as I receive the badges, I'll also upload them onto this blog, so keep an eye out. Hee!
Love,
CM
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















3 comments:
Awesome! Definitely let us know so we can vote!
And for your first post: I don't think anyone doesn't get depressed every once in a while. You're lucky you have such a good friend in Slim, even if he's not interested.
And school never lightens your schedule.
Congrats!
Now not to be a pain in the postierior, but wasn't something said about a new oneshot if you won???
That being said, you really ought to start rounding up plot bunnies, cause with two stories in the running, your chances just went UP!
As for the first post... All girls are allowed crying jags! Honestly, how else do you think we survive without blowing up! Nice to know Slim was there for you though. If nothing else, he's a great friend. (No wonder you love him!)
Enough rambling from me, I'm typing when I should be packing to move... grrr.
Toodles!
HOMG yes, I did promise a oneshot, didn't I? Fuck. I guess I'll have to get back into fanfiction... argh. And I was doing so well, too...
Hm... I'll think about it.
As per Slim... aaah wait until I write the next update.
Love,
CM
Post a Comment