As I'm sure you were all dying to know, I have finished chapter 9 and started chapter 10 of Only in Hyrule.
Here follows Malon Ranch's profile from OiH.
Character Profile: Malon
Name: Malon Ranch
Age: Early twenties to mid-twenties.
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Fair
Physical particularities: Shapely and rather pretty.
Residence: Ranch family house.
Education: Has college diploma in marketing techniques.
Job: Waitress in a café and barmaid in her father's bar.
Character: She's fiery and a bit impulsive, but genuinely good and adores her friends. She has a very protective side, but secretly wishes for someone to protect her instead.
Likes: Shopping and insulting rude customers.
Dislikes: Waiting around for things to happen.
Greatest fear: To be left alone to cope with life.
Her dream: To be swept off her feet by the modern knight in shining armour.
See next update!
Love,
CM
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















4 comments:
I went to downtown Quebec. Like Quebec Quebec? I'm sorry, but my Canadian geography is woefully inadequate. We passed Montreal, but didn't get to stay there, sadly. That's where you're from, right?
The ceremonial goat was the mascot of the 22nd Royal Regiment of the Citadel of Quebec and takes part in ceremonies, hence the name. The Citadel is still a military base (as the tour guides so kindly told us), and it was built to repel an American attack (if one ever came--which it did not). Haha.
We actually didn't see any mounted police (sadly), the guy we saw parallel parking the horse was some tour guide dude whose horse was attached to a chariot thing, so the parallel parking looked difficult. He took people in rides in downtown Quebec for $75. I didn't ride in it though.
And I finally figured it out; we're actually in the same time zone. But maybe not if there's Daylight Savings Time. I never understood how that worked, so go figure.
The downtown area was nice. There were all these small boutiques (you really appreciate these after only ever going to huge chain/department/wholesale stores back home) and they were awesome. There are some nice downtown places where I'm from, but they pale in comparison to those we saw.
It was kinda poopy to realize that Americans are sorta vain. The only bilingual people in the US seem to be immigrants and foreign language teachers (a bit of an exaggeration). Sometimes I think we make huge fools out of ourselves.
Anyways, these profile things are fun. Random quess: next one in Anju?
~Southpaw
P.S.
Have you been to the US before?
Yes, I come from Montreal. ^^
Oh, THAT goat! When our history teacher told us about it, we all laughed. Good times.
There were some American attacks on Canadian cities, but not directly on the citadel. Those were the English. But when Americans did come to kick our butts, we kicked right back. (Ever wonder why your White House was white? That's because they repainted it after we Canadians burnt it to the ground. ^^)
And you did well not to take those carriage rides. They're a bloody tourist trap.
Yes, we're in the same time zone. :P I never understood daylight saving time. If you ask me, saving daylight should be about energetic resources, not time consumption (but I don't know what it is, so...)
And, about Americans, I'm afraid the main problem is that your information system keeps selling you the idea that you don't need to learn more because you're just fine as you are, and because most American tourists are so rich, the other nations just become accomodating. That's why we know so much about Americans but most Americans know so little about the rest of the world. It's a real pity, and a loss most of us mourn.
When we're not busy thinking the war in Iraq doesn't make sense because Bush said they'd attack Afghanistan in the first place.
I don't intend to turn this into a political debate, though. ^^ That wasn't my point. I'm just glad you at least realise what the general situation is. It's always a good step forward. :)
As for the profiles, I was thinking either Anju, Ruto, or Link. If anyone's out there, let me know what you want next.
Love,
CM
P.S. I have been to the U.S. a couple of times already. The coast, New York, Boston, West Virginia, all in different trips and for different reasons. ^^
No way! The Canadians burnt the White House down? I thought that was some silly accident by some unfortunate chef. Neat. You even know more American History than me! (Haha, no my history's terrible--I think I said that before--but I'm good at science, if that's any consolation!)
Daylight Savings Time was enacted in the World War II to save energy. I think they thought if they changed the time, people would go to bed earlier and save fuel. I'm not sure if it worked.
And of course I do not intend to make this a political debate either (I would be out of my mind to EVER attempt to debate politics--at severe risk to my health), but the Bush presidency is full of silly and often times horribly embarrasing acts by our own government (to put it mildly).
I think I'm going to try very hard to not look like a typical dumb American. I suppose they're right: traveling really is an eye-opener.
~Southpaw
P.S.
Is the "comments" section really meant for carrying on long conversations?
Ah, yes, they did burn it down. The only reason hardly any Americans know it is because it's far too embarrassing to ever spread the knowledge around. After all, who wants to promote that some silly Canadian blokes actually managed to do more to the Americans than the Americans did to them? ;p
And I do know a lot of history. But that's because our history is intricately linked to the U.S.'s. Like, the reason we're half-anglophone is because all the Loyalists who left America during the independance war came up north to us. Otherwise, we'd be a big, happy, completely french nation.
Though you do know more about the DST than I do. ^^ Your history ain't that bad.
Love,
CM
P.S. I have no clue, but frankly, I don't give a damn. X)
Post a Comment